Senior Business Analyst, Investment Management
My client is a leading Investment Management business looking to hire an experienced Business Analyst to join their core data team. This team has been established to provide a single point of access to all business systems to core data sets such as investment positions, instruments and portfolios.
They are looking for a technically minded Business Analyst to integrate into this team as they build out capabilities to support current project/business requirements, whilst in parallel engaging with the Technology Strategy programme to implement a forward-thinking data architecture.As a Business Analyst you will:
To be considered it is required that you have the following experience:
- Work with the product owner and the business to develop and detail the product backlog in the form of Epics, Features and Stories.
- Help the business owners and teams to prioritise work.
- Act as the communication channel between product owners, business owners and the Agile delivery team you work within.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of system and acceptance testing.
- Undertake JIT analysis and documentation to support the team's sprint activities.
- Be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle across different business areas within the client.
- Strong experience as a Business Analyst working on IT and Data related projects within Asset Management
- Good knowledge/understanding of the Asset Management industry, asset classes, products and structure.
- Strong Data projects experience, skill in collecting and interpreting data, analysing results to identify patterns and trends in structured and unstructured data sets.
- a basic level of SQL, able to run template queries, interrogate databases, etc.
- Ability to apply suitable analytical approaches to requirements discovery, documentation and solution delivery.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management experience with the ability to effectively communicate at a level and depth appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrable experience of gathering requests and technical specifications.
- Experience working in Agile delivery teams using Scrum or Kanban.