Intelligent Buildings Group.
Connected Services - Associate.
Competitive salary + benefits.
Intelligent Buildings Group (IBG).
Our wider firm is made up of 900+ employees, serving disciplines such as mechanical, electrical public health, sustainability, utilities, fire and many other specialist subject matters. Within the Hoare Lea corporate structure, the Intelligent Building Group (IBG) is a constantly growing specialist group, providing an engineering and design talent pool, surfacing a blend of skills, majoring in the core disciplines of intelligent buildings; Connected Services (CS), Audio Visual (AV), Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
We blend these three skill areas to provide the complete digital approach essential to a cutting-edge intelligent building solution.
Connected Services (CS) Team.
Central within the Intelligent Buildings Group, the Connected Services team major on the overarching IB concept, leading the client through the visionary journeys to define IB objectives and firm definitions, around user experience, user interface, user roles and user journeys within spaces, buildings, complexes, districts, and cities.
Realising firm use case definition through workshops, to inform technology application, the team define material change to traditional system technology approaches (such as a specific lighting control systems) or new technology additions (such as IoT wireless sensing), as needed to established the required outcomes through digitalisation and transformation for buildings, companies and processes, aligned to the IB use case requirements defined.
We are currently looking for a senior associate within the connected services team. The role available provides opportunity for the right candidates to grow and develop in a new expanding sector.
Why Work For Us?You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working in the UK's largest MEP firm with a range of specialist teams.You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors. You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What We Are Looking For.
- The ideal candidate will have skills in the following areas:
- Experienced Work winning track record for Intelligent or Smart Building consulting projects
- Client facing and clear communication skills. Ability to run and host client workshops, read technical capability of audience, and articulate complex technical content in a fashion as adapted to the audience ability to absorb, to reach a level of client understanding to complex subjects and arrive at decisions.
- Ability to dilute technical solutions for IB concepts, into clearly defined package boundaries.
- Commercial ability to dilute solutions into capital expenditure and operational expenditure and convey cost models to client teams for decision making and o advise project cost management consultants.
- A solid building services electrical and mechanical engineering background, and specifically control and monitoring principles within the building environment.
- A solid understanding of design principles of typical building technology systems such as HVAC controls, building management system (BMS), lighting controls, energy metering networks, lift head end platforms, access controls and security technologies.
- A solid understanding of proprietary systems and specialist system protocols associated with the above,
- Ability to create integrated data solutions, sketch out physical and data topologies, and understand their relationships.
- Solid report writing skills, and ability to convey new concepts in visual forms such as flow charts and topologies.
- Creativity to put together striking power point presentations for client workshops. Including written and
- diagrammatic content. Understand the necessity of 'storey telling; to technical solutions and content.
- Influence, collaborate, and steer junior engineers.
- Ability to self-manage, self-deliver and utilise lower ranked engineering resource to achieve project deadlines. Strong skills to collaborate within the multi-discipline team, companywide and project teams.
- Good understanding of RIBA stages and how they might transfer to software and creative content such as IB scope. Hold ability to maintain clear focus on client awarded scope and deliverables, and produce strategy reports, design notes, schedules, schematics, layouts and specifications as required to migrate IB design solutions from RIBA Stages 0 (strategy) to 4 (procurement), stage5 (monitoring) and 6 (IB iteration).
- Strong understanding of construction phased delivery, and the impact of additional IB scope, dependencies and time scales to advise reasonable expectations of delivering IB contract works within construction phase, and post occupancy.
- Ability to deliver new clients and workstreams within the connected Services sector to Hoare Lea both in the UK and Europe.
- Clearly have the ability to deliver increased rendered growth within the first year (and beyond) outside of work and clients that Hoare Lea is currently engaged with.Our Benefits
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- Profit and performance related bonus
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Tax free childcare
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- Discounted BUPA health assessments
- Flexible working.
- Study Assistance
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel & dental insurance
- Employee retail discounts
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- GAYE - Give as you Earn
- Gourmet society tasting cards
- Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact email@example.com
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.