About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 2 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 250+ strong team located in offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bulgaria and Malta. For more information, please visit www.crypto.com. About the role:
The Legal Counsel will join the global legal team with a focus in the regulatory space in the UK and Europe. Candidate must be a self-starter who exhibits a strong passion for financial innovation, who enjoys working cross-functionally and collaboratively to solve complex problems and is excited about Crypto.com's mission. The position will be located in the United Kingdom. As part of the legal team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide proactive and solution-oriented legal and regulatory advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders within the Group in order to enable the development and launch of Crypto products and services in a way that meets our obligations as well as the needs of our users
- Work cross-functionally to identify, analyze and mitigate legal and regulatory risks (while maximizing commercial opportunities) related to the introduction of new products and services in Europe
- Participate in the ongoing development of the regulatory advisory function
- Represent Crypto.com on a variety of topics before regulators, financial partners, users and other external audiences
- Review, update and draft user agreements, and other external facing terms and conditions, leveraging external advisors and providers where appropriate
- Work with Risk, Compliance and Privacy teams across our global organization to assess applicable regulations and set corresponding company standards
- Assist the Privacy team and corresponding outside counsels in the development, communication and implementation of Privacy Policies and programs
- Review and advise on the development of external facing marketing and user content and user experiences
- Select and manage external counsels, as appropriate
- Interest in cryptocurrencies, prior working experience with crypto companies is a plus.
- Payments industry expertise and experience in consumer-facing industry are pluses.
- Financial services regulations and licensing processes.
- Around 5 years of post-qualification experience practicing either in-house (or in an equivalent setting) or at a reputable law firm, with at least 3 years of those years focused on either payments law, the FinTech space, or financial services where you undertake regulatory analysis in an international or cross-border environment
- Ability to provide timely, concise and business-focused legal advice on payments and consumer protection laws
- Ability to provide legal and regulatory guidance on the design, modification and geographical expansion of products
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in emerging payments technology and the financial services industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced international environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity
- Comfortable with gray areas and interpreting and applying the law in unsettled contexts
- Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively provide sound legal advice, exercise good business judgment, and work well with senior management and cross functional stakeholders
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities, and willingness to use innovative solutions to scale your legal advice
- Prior product legal experience in the technology or financial services space and/or working with strategic partners to launch joint product experiences recommended, but not required
What you can expect from us?
- Law degree or non-law degree and Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (or equivalent post-graduate legal qualification)
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- You will get to have involvement in developing brand new products from scratch and/or developing business in new regions, alongside with a talented team