Senior Finance Business Partner
£100,000 + benefits
Partner Financial are working with a Global Infrastructure business with international operations and a heavy presence in both the US and Europe. The business is experiencing a changing market dynamic which needs constant attention, particularly with longer term contracts. The business employs many thousands of people and with consolidated turnover in the billions.
As a result of some internal moves, the CFO and Head of Finance require a business partner to add clear value to the integrity of finance, the quality of financial understanding and integrity of reporting. This role will form a key part of the teams that it supports and therefore will interact with many levels of the organisational structure and across many different functions.
The culture is one that is very team orientated, relaxed but with frequent spikes in workload/activity which necessities individuals who can multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure.
Key areas of focus:
- Develop deep and specialist networks internally to support the financial expertise within various P&L's that will be influenced by the position;
- Establish a strong financial understanding across both the commercial and revenue focussed functions, as well as the cost centres across the globe;
- Drive financial acumen, investment activity and a strong budgetary and planning cycle;
- Owning the financial element of large and complex business plans, which will include both short term and long-term contracts;
- Leading and developing a large team, acting as a role model and coach.
Stakeholder management and financial acumen form the cornerstones of this position, which will have a high profile within the business and should form part of the longer-term career platform for future internal moves. Highly financially literate, the candidate must be able to understand the impact of decisions at both a balance sheet and P&L level, and be able to robustly defend numbers with senior executives.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Will Sharples. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client's selection criteria within seven days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about your current situation then please feel free to give me a call to discuss.