Our client are a leading European mid-market private equity investor (<€500mn EVs), with a most recent fund of c.€1bn, who are looking to expand at the Investment Associate level. This team has a generalist sector focus and invests across the European geography, with a focus on the Benelux, Nordic region, and UK&I. They take an operationally driven approach to PE, often implementing buy & build strategies, and give their juniors significant responsibility due to their lean team structure of 10-15 investment professionals. They also have a flexible investment mandate to evaluate a variety of equity led situations.
- Unrivalled levels of responsibility across the investment lifecycle, whilst working with the support and mentorship of a global platform.
- Exposure to all aspects of the investment process through supporting the evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and financing of transactions.
- Opportunities to take a lead role in deal/portfolio teams of 3-4 people.
- Significant exposure to defining portfolio company strategy, assisting the management team with implementation, and managing the day to day relationship with portfolio C-level management.
- c. 3-4 years of Tier 1 management consulting experience (Bain, BCG or McKinsey).
- A top tier academic background.
- Fluent English, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity and comfort working with UK mid-market businesses, across the entire UK geography, will be particularly useful.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to work in a hands-on environment.
- Comfort operating with a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Down to earth and humble personalities.