The Fragrance Shop, the UK's leading independent Fragrance retailer is now recruiting for a Technical Architect
to join the growing development team located at our Head Office in Trafford Park, Manchester.
This is a senior level role requiring front and back end knowledge and a good understanding of modern software architectures and development techniques. Reporting to the Head of Development, you will have technical responsibility for a team of developers. It offers a great chance to advance the product and customer journey at an exciting time of growth and change. The role is split into a few areas and involves taking the technical lead of web platform and services, hands-on development, mentoring the development team. We are currently using Azure but can have any cloud experience. We are looking for a highly self-motivated and directed individual who has experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and can ensure all software development is completed to the agreed standard.
Your key duties will include:
- Monitor and review the development and design undertaken by the department to ensure it is compliant to standards.
- Ensure the system is appropriately documented and to review and provide guidance on documentation.
- Proactively look at upcoming technologies and evaluate how they could benefit the business and present the findings to the appropriate people.
- Plan the effective adoption of new technologies, standards, and frameworks within the department.
- Influence others through verbal communication and be able to articulate and present technical information in a structured and authoritative manner while gaining credibility for your own technical expertise.
- Ensure all tasks take into consideration security, performance, disaster recovery and business continuity planning and other company policies.
- Collaborate closely with Head of Product & Delivery and leading the development team of 3 staff ensuring that implementations are in line with the architectural guidance.
- Drive improvements to coding and architecture standards to ensure they are kept in line with current development methodologies and industry standards.
With the number of candidates expected to apply for this newly created role within a growing and successful retailer, we will only be able to proceed forward with candidates who match our essential requirements stated below:
The core tech stack for this role will be:
- Extensive experience of Software Web Development (.net, C#, ASP.net, MVC, WebAPI, REST).
- Demonstrable experience of designing solutions for a fast-paced, high impacting, Agile digital delivery environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with design and build of serverless architecture in the cloud, building microservices, event driven systems. Exposure to cloud patterns, infrastructure as a service and cloud-ops.
- Experience of developing extendible, scalable, robust, eCommerce style web applications (including exposure to integrating with Payment Service Providers)
- Experience of unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict test-driven development.
- Excellent understanding and a good level of competency of good practice in the end-to-end processes of designing, building, testing, and releasing web applications and services.
- Experience of working in Agile Environments, working closely with Product/Delivery Manager to support the team with a vision of continuous delivery and MVP.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, with ability to organize and present technical material in an easily understood manner.
- Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly, accurately, and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
What you can expect:
- .NET Standard/Core
- ASP.Net, MVC
- Rest API
- SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Good understanding of relational and document DBs
- Azure (AWS)
- Agile /SCRUM
- Visual Studio
Working at the UK's largest independent Fragrance retailer you will get to work for a company who prides itself on outstanding customer service and delivering fragrance and beauty products in a manner which best meets our customer needs.
You can expect to join a team who work hard to achieve results and are focused to ensure a great customer experience. We offer very competitive salaries, along with flexible working options, early finishes on Fridays and duvet days. In addition, we further offer generous staff discount and an employee assistance programme.