Detailed Job title: Data Engineer - Looker, SQL, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling, Snowflake / Redshift / BigQuery
Salary: £50,000 - £85,000
Are you looking for a new Data Engineer position?
Do you have a good understanding data warehousing and data modelling, coupled with solid Looker skills and looking to play a key role combining both data engineering and data analytics?
Sentinel are working with a very high profile organisation, looking for a Data Engineer to join their London based office & play a key role in linking data analytics and data engineering within a large, complex environment. This position would really suit a data engineer with analytics experience. Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone that has a strong mix of the following skills and experience:
- Deployment and development experience around Looker, ideally including LookML. Knowledge of Looker API also an advantage.
- Good understanding of modern data warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery).
- Comfortable working with large data sets and a good understanding of data modelling and data structure.
- Solid SQL skills.
- Strong ETL knowledge. Any exposure to DBT a plus.
- Coding and automation skills desirable (Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc).
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, must be able to translate very technical concepts for non technical stakeholders.
As the Data Engineer you'll be responsible for:
Alternative job titles: Data Warehouse Engineer, Data Analytics, DWH Engineer, ETL Engineer, Data Consultant, Looker Consultant Your application with Sentinel:
- You will play a key role in configuration, optimization, and further business wide adoption of Looker.
- Provide polished, tested, and well modeled data sets to enable the business.
- Build and maintain SQL transformation scripts.
- Work closely with data scientists and wider data analytics to collaborate on data modelling, data warehousing, and to drive in the production of polished data sets within Looker.
- Maintain close relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business, and translate very technical concepts to non-technical members.
- Work with product teams to ensure data requirements are understood and met.
Sentinel is an award-winning technology recruitment and consulting company with offices in the UK, Czech Republic, and Switzerland. We work with global brands, ambitious start-ups, and leading recruitment outsourcers, ensuring access to exceptional talent through permanent, contingent labour, and statement of work services.
Get in touch today for new opportunities, or guidance on sourcing strategies, salary and rate benchmarking.
We aspire to provide great service to all applicants. If we think you're right for the role, we'll be in touch as soon as possible. If not, we'll keep you updated with other opportunities in your field.