8020 Communications is an award-winning PR agency for the aviation, travel, transport and sustainability industries. We're experts in business-to-business and consumer communications, skilled at understanding complex issues and making them resonate with customers and other audiences. We help clients define and deliver their messages through Earned, Owned and Paid channels, including media relations, social media and marketing content. We're members of the Public Relations & Communications Association and holders of the Association's CMS quality standard._the opportunity
We have an exciting full-time or part-time (30 hours per week minimum) fixed-term maternity leave cover contract opportunity at Account Manager level, initially for 10 months, with the possibility of extension.
The starting date for the position is 22 March 2021.
You will need several years' experience of managing PR programmes an agency environment. Responsible for driving client accounts on a day-to-day basis, you'll execute the strategies and activities detailed by the account director, ensuring that programmes and objectives are adhered to and that client accounts are well organised.
You will report to client directors/account directors and will delegate to and manage the work of account executives/senior account executives.
Due to arrangements under COVID-19, you will work partly from home and partly from our socially distanced office in central Guildford, Surrey, once government guidelines allow._responsibilities
_ required qualities
- Working with the director/account director to develop client PR strategies and plans.
- Playing the central role in the client team and taking full responsibility for the implementation of client programmes, managing client relationships and resolving any issues.
- Delegating work to junior staff members, motivating them and helping them to manage their workloads.
- Measuring results achieved versus targets and KPIs, driving the preparation of results analyses, media coverage reports and activity reports.
- Driving media relations programmes for clients, proactively identifying opportunities to ensure the optimum level and type of coverage is achieved.
- Planning social media content schedules and coordinating activity across the client team.
- Writing coherent, concise and factually accurate press releases, articles, briefing documents, press kits, emails, tweets and other materials that require only exceptional amendments by senior colleagues and clients.
- Drafting new business proposals, reports, speeches and presentations under direction by the account director.
- Leading internal team meetings and playing a key role in client meetings and new business pitches.
- The role requires a self-confident individual, at ease with liaising with senior client contacts and busy journalists.
- You need to be highly organised with the ability to keep on top of multiple activities simultaneously.
- You must be highly adaptable to change and short notice client requests, with the ability to remain calm and think clearly under time pressure.
- You must be enthusiastic about your work and its potential to benefit clients' businesses.
- You must possess extremely strong writing skills in all the types of work detailed above.
- You must enjoy the cut and thrust of media relations and be ambitious to achieve outstanding results.
- You must be team-oriented and enjoy delivering great results through collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- You must possess excellent research skills and enjoy mastering sometimes complex topics.
- In normal times, you must be able and eager to travel internationally on business.
- You must want to be the best at what you do.
- While not essential, expertise in any of the following would also be desirable: video filming/editing, photography, digital marketing, podcast production, fluency in foreign languages.
The contract includes many benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Auto-enrolment pension
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Six-monthly career reviews
- Monthly mentoring scheme
- Monthly grant towards gym membership or other fitness activity*
- Monthly social activities
- Summer and Christmas parties*
- Visiting office masseur*
- International business travel opportunities*
- Healthy (and unhealthy) office snacks*
- Decent coffee and herbal teas*
- Friday afternoon open bar*
- Investment in technology and training to help you succeed
- Positive encouragement at every turn
* Currently paused due to COVID-19 mitigation measures.