The Data Center team was formed to enable the delivery of fully managed and hosted TrakCare (Electronic Medical Record) and other healthcare related solutions. To support the growth, we are now looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work within our Managed Services team to oversee the ongoing delivery, administration and security compliance of the infrastructure underpinning our hosted services internationally.Responsibilities - Deployment
Responsibilities - Operations
- Work with our co-location partners to design appropriate cage, rack and server layouts and to ensure the ongoing provision of space, power and cooling in support of existing and forecasted solutions.
- Work with the engineering/architecture teams to design solutions so as to maximize performance, efficiency and operability of hosted solutions.
- Lead and/or participate in the provisioning and deployment of server, network and other hosting-related equipment, including hands-on build and configuration as/when required
- Participate in the deployment of new applications and/or changes, ensuring that all service components are documented and monitored and integrated into the company's operational processes.
- Perform hardware qualification testing on new hardware platforms and certify them for production deployments.
- Work with stakeholders across the solutions lifecycle to ensure that pre-operational sign-offs are obtained, so as to ensure that solutions can be operated in a way that meets or exceeds performance targets e.g. security, availability and response times.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of integration issues.
- Consulting with technical stakeholders (including customers) on the delivery of hosted solutions.
- Hands-on administration and maintenance of hosted solutions and related infrastructure (firewalls, switches, servers, storage, etc.) including pro-active identification and fixing of potential incidents, backup management, etc.
- Participate in the definition, documentation, operation and continuous improvement of operational processes e.g. ITIL-based processes such as incident, change, problem and configuration management, and the smooth integration of these with wider company processes and systems.
- Define, implement, monitor and report on metrics that are required for the delivery of highly-available hosted services, as well as to meet the needs of the wider organization e.g. management, engineering, customer services and our customers.
- Provide technical support for all areas of hosted services, including participation on a 24x7 on-call rota; ensure the timely resolution of incidents and/or problems affecting hosted solutions and deploy approved changes and/or updates as required.
- Further enhance the automation of hosting-related processes e.g. deployment of changes, deployment of new services, inventory management, security scanning, service level reporting, etc.
- Strong hands-on experience with server hosting infrastructure and management with Cisco UCS blades
- Hands-on storage/SAN deployment and management experience with EMC VNX, Unity, Data Domain, Avamar.
- Hands-on Cisco and F5 networking deployment and management experience with Cisco Nexus 7000/9000, ASA Firewalls, F5 LTM and DNS load balancers, route domains and contexts.
- Hands-on VMware deployment and management experience with VMware 5.x/6.x
- Hands-on Linux deployment and management experience with RHEL 6.x/7.x
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong scripting skills
- Enthusiasm and talent for acquiring complex technical skills
- Good customer service attitude
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, membership in uniformed armed services, or any other class protected by applicable law.