Senior Software Engineer Location: Staines Salary: Negotiable
Our client is seeking to expand its software and systems engineering skills and capability and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer. The work will range from software development, system engineering, technical governance, and mentoring of a software design team. The work covers both the Maritime and Land domains.Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities;
Senior Software Engineer Requirements;
- Software design, development and review (from concept to final product) for a range of systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processor networked systems.
- Work with systems and hardware engineers to develop multi-discipline solutions, including the definition of software-hardware and software-firmware interfaces.
- Technical governance of a portfolio of projects by acting as Design Authority or independent reviewer as appropriate.
- Undertake the duties of the Software lead where additional support may be required on projects, bids and product development activities.
- Make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions
- Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve technical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
- Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improving engineering quality, efficiency and cost.
- Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant Design Review
- Support to the business development team and preparation of technical proposals when required and be able to handle sensitive information in the course of your work.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of software design and development.
- Degree level educated in a related engineering discipline
- Can evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks across projects for which you will be directly/indirectly responsible.
- Chartered member of a professional institution or working towards Chartered status would be desirable
- Have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regular communication to internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers
- Be able to manage, motivate and develop engineering employees to ensure they fulfil their roles and meet targets within agreed timelines and standards of quality
- Ability to present complex ideas to all levels of the customer community and both internal and external Stakeholders
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies including short periods of detached duty where necessary
- If you are interested in this Senior Software Engineer opportunity please contact Layne Eadie on 07881 918 278 or 01923 479 754