Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions.
CapitalStructure, part of the Fitch Group of companies, is recruiting a high-calibre candidate to join its Fulcrum Editorial team in London. We are seeking a bright, ambitious Senior Leveraged Finance Reporter
who will sit alongside and support our market-leading research and editorial team.
You will be contributing to our CapitalStructure service, providing insight, analysis and data to senior decision-makers at hedge funds, banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
The role involves breaking news on the leveraged finance markets, producing analysis throughout new-issue stages, and covering situations in the secondary market. Coverage will include highlighting potential financing transactions and deal announcements, plus detailed, accurate analysis on transactions as they progress through syndication and pricing, and continued reports on these post issuance via coverage of the secondary market.
A successful candidate should have an analytical mind and a high level of attention to detail, and a track record in investigative reporting. Experience covering distressed debt / leveraged finance / asset-backed markets is preferred.Job specification
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- Produce factual, accurate and engaging first-to-market stories on the leveraged finance market
- Use investigative skills to source breaking stories on primary issuance and secondary market activity
- Identify key market trends and write analysis pieces relevant to the market
- Be motivated to take ownership of specific coverage areas within the editorial team
- Provide editorial support to other members of the team
- Be a team player - work towards group objectives, across functions and assist in the training and coaching of new joiners
- Proven experience in a financial news reporting role
- A keen interest in breaking financial news
- Outstanding networking and source development skills
- Strong English-language writing skills. Knowledge of a second European language would be a plus
- The ability to be punctual, organised and professional in all aspects of the job
- The flexibility to carry out additional tasks as and when requested
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.