Head of Physical Installations
Wifinity is on a mission to make Wi-Fi great! We are a multi award winning Gigabit
Internet Service Provider, with products and services connecting over 6 million people a
year across a wide range of sectors, including Defence.
At Wifinity we're proud of our fantastic products, and amazing growth! But we couldn't do
this without our amazing people, who go above and beyond to wow our customers and
make WiFi great since being founded in 2007.
Our people are both innovative and fun, creating long lasting customer relationships.
They think outside the box to provide customer centric solutions allowing them to
achieve the results our customers desire. Wifinity has grown to the company we are today
because of those amazing people that live and breathe our values, we believe that the
customers priorities are imperative to the success of their business and we go above and
beyond to dedicate ourselves to them.
If you're the best at what you do and believe in a world with better Wi-Fi, come and join
our journey as a new Wifinian!
The role purpose
The Head of Physical Installations is imperative to delivering the installation and
completion of high quality fixed and wireless network sites across the UK. You will
strategically lead the function on all aspects of health & safety, quality control, customer
service, vendor selection, revenue and efficiency.
Leading a UK wide engineering field team responsible for the management and build of
all new and transformational sites that Wifinity are commissioned to set up, you will play a key role in delivering plans on time, efficiently and of the highest quality with excellent
As Installations Manager you will have full responsibility for leading and managing the
installation service across the UK, working with multiple teams across the organisation on
providing a high level of service clients, managing and coordinating subcontractors,
ensuring company quality standards and ensuring agreed delivery timescales are met.
Your day to day role will consist of the following responsibilities, you may be required to
carry out further responsibilities at the company's discretion.
• Drive set up and development of process, lead change / implementation of
systems and processes.
• Responsible for national performance of project and installation managers who in
turn manage onsite sub contractors.
• Budget Management of the installation function, ensuring that the area is
operating to a cost-efficient standard.
• Ensure QA and QC compliance with legal requirements, client standards,
European, MOD JSP and British Standards, non-European standards, and project
• Manage assurance of Quality on all phases of the Project, Engineering,
Procurement, Construction and Commissioning, taking cognizance of
commercial, schedule and budget constraints.
• Resource Management - Ensure that the Project Quality organisation has the
capability, in terms of skill set, resource levels and procedures, to deliver the
agreed business needs.
• Responsible for ensuring that sites in delivery, operate and comply with all
relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
• Report Quality Performance data and metrics to Senior Management / Leadership
in the form of OPRs and PARs from set KPIs.
• Lead / support / facilitate technical reviews of tenders (including supply chain)
Management of Quality Tenders / Provision of support to Sales Team to support
the business in the acquisition of new work.
• Management of Internal and External Audits, both on and off site, in accordance
with the Project Audit Schedule.
• Management of Supply Chain Quality, inclusive of all pre-qualification
assessments, supply chain audits, supply chain performance and general
day-to-day management of the supply chain.
• Deliver and manage the build and implementation of new sites and manage the
end to end program of delivery and attend site reviews to ensure a high standard
You will be a self-starter with the ability to respond to change effectively. You value strong
customer relationships and are able to translate all detail into structured plans. You are
excellent at working with people and always strive to provide a customer driven
approach. We are looking for someone that:
• Has a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations
• Has a proven ability to influence at all levels, including building sites, private customers
and commercial, across the business and act as an advocate of the Installation
• Has a proven ability to create, maintain and manage third party relationships at all levels.
You may be dealing with customers directly, as well as site managers and
• Is excellent at problem solving and the ability to work in a multi layered environment
• Is Customer driven - Articulate, well presented, conscientious and flexible
• Has the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
• Holds First class interpersonal skills, including managing people
• A self-motivated, hands-on, cooperative and professional approach
• To be organised and able to complete work effectively under pressure
• Proven experience managing and delivering build rollouts within the
• Full budget ownership
• Experience in huge national scale up and change management
• Operational experience of national Service delivery in a major telecoms
infrastructure business or similar large scale, huge number of sites
• Development and improvement of the department, processes and operation of
• Extensive understanding of the basics of operational delivery enabling
diversification and optimising performance
• Previous experience of working in a field-based environment
• Network installation experience
• Experience of working within the Telecommunications industry
• High level of technical knowledge
• Experienced in implementing process and data reporting
• Strong understanding of H&S regulations and ability to implement on Wireless
• Expertise in vendor management and RFP
It would be nice to also have...
• A strong technical background within Network Engineering
• Experience in managing a national installation function within the
• A working knowledge of telecommunications technologies
• Driving License
• SC Cleared
• Project Management qualification such as Prince2, PMP or other
• Relevant network qualifications (CCNA or similar)
• Hold H&S qualification such as IOSH
• Hold installation qualifications
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and therefore we want to
reward them appropriately! We have a wide range of benefits for our employees and the
list is always growing, our main perks are below...
• Gym membership
• Competitive salary
• Flexi working
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Great opportunities to grow!