JOB TITLE: Brakes Control SW & HW Lead Engineer
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000
LOCATION: Fen End
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We're already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We're doing more than dream, we're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.WHAT TO EXPECT
It's not every day you come across high performance versions of existing models, luxury bespoke commissions, heritage models or individually tailored vehicles that set pulses racing. Unless you join us at Jaguar Land Rover's Special Operations (SO). Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) are a key part of the SO Organisation delivering World Class Products that amplify our core brand values in Ultimate Luxury, Ultimate Sports Performance and Ultimate Capability. SVO are a Performance based organisation with a Formula 1 team mind-set that requires the best engineers to strengthen its capabilities.Our world class team is currently looking for an experienced Brakes Control SW & HW Lead Engineer to complement our expanding team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the stability control software as well as the associated hardware components for all the SVO vehicles. The purpose of this role is to deliver world class software into the overall modulation system through coordination of the design, development, testing and introduction of software and functionality (software is sourced from the first tier supplier) for all SVO vehicles. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, this role will report directly into the Technical Group Leader. The role requires the individual to lead the technical delivery with the tier 1 supplier and multiple internal area, also to develop the commodity plan and ensure delivery to required quality, cost and time. WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As the Brakes Control SW & HW Lead Engineer you'll have experience systems development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development 'V' cycle, including understanding of system principals. You'll have the ability to negotiate technical solutions within a multi-disciplinary team and will have the ability to manage conflict and balance opposing programme demands. An Understanding of software development processes and software authoring in an automotive context is vital.Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Deliver the Brake Control Software Integration plan to quality, cost and time, in interaction with the vehicle driving dynamics team in charge of the calibration
- Deliver the Brake Control Hardware to quality, cost and time, in interaction with the brakes attributes leader and brakes test engineer
- Own and deliver the Software Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Support build and electrical integration team during SW delivery phase
- Degree in Electronics, Mechatronic, Software or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of systems development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development 'V' cycle, including understanding of system principals
- Ability to negotiate technical solutions within a multi-disciplinary team and will have the ability to manage conflict and balance opposing programme demands.
- Ability to manage supplier and the supporting JLR team members
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, etc.)
SO WHY US?
- Experience of delivering complex mechatronic commodities
- Experience of JLR processes including WERS releasing, AIM, APQP, FMEA, RMDV
- Knowledge of decoupled braking hardware technology
- Understanding of control system development tools such as dSPACE, DOORS, RTC
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc)
- Experience of safety critical systems and software, including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.