Joining an already successful and collaborative Costa Express IT Team, you'll be expected to dive straight into the cut and thrust of operating in a fast-paced retail environment where the focus is on leading the machine software development team at Costa Express, driving a portfolio of projects across machine systems. You'll confidently build and enhance key working relationships with our internal stakeholders and business functions.A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we're on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don't settle for mediocre. We've come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
Here at Costa Express we have over 11,000 machines worldwide. Through our world leading innovation, we have revolutionised the coffee-on-the-go market. We aim to be trend setters, who exceed customer expectations. In a fun and friendly environment, our DNA is to challenge ourselves and be passionate about our legacyA bit about the role...
Lead the machine software development team at Costa Express, driving a portfolio of projects that continue to enhance and innovate the software platform that powers our smart coffee machines around the globe. You'll ensure these initiatives are properly resourced, managed and delivered on-time and to budget, so that the end product is scalable to meet the ambitious growth plans of Costa Express. You will:
A bit about you...
- Develop the long-term machine software vision for Costa Express, working with senior stakeholders in the UK and internationally to continually refine this and ensure it is fully aligned with our Express strategy
- Promote the development of an open and modular design methodology that encourages integration of third-party applications with our core machine platform, enabling our international markets and external partners to extend our base platform
- Build a cohesive, collaborative, and highly functioning team that delivers success
- Align with other strategic development initiatives across Express to ensure deep integration with our in-house telemetry systems and our Costa digital platform
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
Desirable...and a real bonus if you have any experience in any of the following:
- Software development experience within an Agile development environment
- Good knowledge of product management and proven experience in defining a product strategy
- Practiced in understanding a complex integrated systems environment across multiple platforms
- Capability to develop, influence, manage and motivate a team of people
- Experience of product focused development lifecycles
- Leading and influencing teams that are both cross functional and comprised of internal and external resources
- Track record of leading successful IT change in an organisation
What we can offer...
- Ability to understand technical IT detail when needed
- Experience of projects with multiple vendor collaboration
We're on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Car Allowance
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.