Assistant Director of Nursing - SurgerySalary:
37.5 hours per weekLocation:
Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, 60 Grove End Road, St John's Wood, London NW8 9NH
We are currently looking for a new Assistant Director of Nursing - Surgery to take overall responsibility for our Surgical services. This will include Operating Departments, Recovery, Critical Care, Pre Assessment, Clinical Admissions and Day Surgical Units and Discharge Lounge) ensuring delivery of care and support to patients, their families and carers is of the highest quality.
This is an exciting opportunity to join HJE as we get ready to open our brand new development which will offer the best surgical facilities in London with six new theatres, an Endoscopy Unit that achieves JAG accreditation and dedicated recovery stage two PODs for early discharge as well as a new 10 bedded day surgical ward and admissions unit and new state of the art critical care facilities.
This is a key role within the organisation and would suit either a current Assistant Director or a Lead Nurse from a Surgical related background. The successful post-holder will contribute to the management and leadership of St John & St Elizabeth Hospital, actively participating in the strategic planning processes of the hospital, and providing positive, visible, dynamic, challenging and empowering leadership in the day to day clinical operational management of the surgical services.
Located in leafy St John's Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John's.Am I the right person for this Assistant Director of Nursing - Surgery role?
The ideal candidate for this post will have significant senior experience in a Surgical field with a proven track record of successful outcomes. They will embrace and champion the core values and ethos of the organisation.
This is a senior leadership position, where along with ensuring that all services are delivered safely with an appropriate skill mix, you will contribute to the production of the overall the hospital's long-term strategic plans and annual business plans. You will also need to be an accessible and authoritative source of support to patients and their families, a senior nurse who they can easily turn to for assistance, advice and support and has a commitment to delivering excellence across all clinical setting
Along with this, the ideal candidate will be/have:
What are duties of the Assistant Director of Nursing - Surgery?
- First Level Registered Nurse
- Degree/Master level education and post registration qualification(s) in field of expertise.
- Degree/Diploma in Management (or equivalent.
- Evidence of further Professional Development
- Significant experience in a senior nursing role within a surgical setting
- Experience of working in or leading services
- Experience of managing and influencing standard setting within clinical care
- Clear and thorough knowledge of the clinical care required for patients within a surgical pathway
- Experience of working in a theatres environment
- Budget management experience
- Dealt with site issues and provided bleep cover
- Track record of achievements in clinical care/service management.
- Experience of managing teams and successfully facilitating change.
- Experience of managing the complaint process
The post holder will have responsibility for actively participating in the strategic planning processes of the Surgical Services, and providing positive, visible, dynamic, challenging and empowering leadership in the day to day clinical operational management of the hospital.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Overall responsibility for surgical services (Operating Departments, Recovery, Critical Care, Pre Assessment, Clinical Admissions and Day Surgical Units and Discharge Lounge) ensuring delivery of care and support to patients, their families and carers is of the highest quality.
· Providing leadership and management of surgical services directorate participating in the strategic planning processes of the directorate providing positive, visible, dynamic, challenging and empowering leadership in the day to day clinical operational management of the directorate.
· Ensuring that all services are delivered safely with an appropriate skill mix at all times.
· Contributing to the production of the overall the hospital's long-term strategic plans and annual business plans.
· Leading on quality assurance, risk registers, user/carer feedback, complaints and action plans, environment inspections, and external inspections including CQC.
· Ensuring all staff undertake essential safety training and personal development planning and receive adequate support and training to enable them to become competent within the clinical area.
· To be an accessible and authoritative source of support to patients and their families, a senior nurse who they can easily turn to for assistance, advice and supportWhy apply for this role as Assistant Director of Nursing - Surgery?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Access to NHS pension for those already in it
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development programmes and a genuine commitment to continuous professional development
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
alternatively feel free to call 0207 078 3873 for more information