AEGIS London is HiringJob Title - Investment and Treasury Finance Manager
[Permanent] Location -
Working from home as per COVID-19 guidelines until a safe return is possible. Thereafter the position will be based in our London Office.About the job
- AEGIS London are currently seeking an Investment and Treasury Finance Manager to oversee the successful running of the Investment and Treasury (T&I) function. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate experienced in the sector and well versed in best practice to ensure execution of the investment strategy, efficient operation of the treasury function, compliance with internal risk monitoring and regulatory requirements.Key Tasks/Responsibilities:
- Manage the treasury function in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage the production of short, medium, and long term cash flow forecasts.
- Oversee monthly reconciliations of investment / bank balances.
- Oversee bi-weekly payment process of both internal and external expenses.
- Manage the continued transformation of the Treasury function ensuring efficient processes.
- Implement new AP/expense/Treasury solutions in the new General Ledger (GL). Full documentation, testing and successful roll out to Company.
- Contribute to the defining of investment accounting policies across the AEGIS Group, working with the parent to complete.
- Sign off monthly investment accounting. Liaise with external investment accountants where required. Ensure full analysis and understanding of result versus market performance and provide reporting to management.
- Manage the production of monthly and quarterly investment papers for the Exec team, Assets and Liabilities Committee and Board papers.
- Manage the production of monthly asset allocation, performance, risk tolerance, and FX exposure reporting.
- Participate in the development of AEGIS London's investment strategy & execute the strategy.
- Oversee and monitor outsourced investment related activities
- Manage investment compliance and controls framework
- Partner with the Group Investment Team. Build rapport between the group and London teams.
- Build and maintain good relationships with fund managers and banks.
- Provide necessary evidence to auditors in a timely manner.
- Oversee the production of business plan investment return, liaising with parent / FP&A as appropriate.
- Ensure T&I function is compliant with all regulations including (but not limited to) Lloyd's trust fund, Lloyd's Minimum Standards, and PRA PPP.
- Maintain financial controls framework ensuring that finance risks are identified and regularly monitored.
- Continually exploring opportunities to improve processes and controls.
- Supervise team and ensure adequate resource and performance. Responsible for four members of staff.
- Strong investment accounting experience, essential.
- Qualified accountant with a recognised professional body (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- US / UK GAAP technical accounting and reporting knowledge in different investments (e.g. bonds, equities)
- Knowledge of Lloyd's trust fund, investment minimum standards and PRA PPP regulatory environment.
- Advanced IT skills including knowledge of MS Office and relevant accounting package.
- Experience in managing business/financial transformation projects.
- Excellent grasp of risk management as it applies to investments and treasury.
- Strong, clear and well-structured written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Builds and maintains good internal and external relationships including the Group investment team and external fund managers.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
AEGIS London is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the value of a diverse workforce in facilitating better decision making and business growth. We also encourage a variety of differing views, perspectives and insights to create a collaborative working environment. Diversity and Inclusion are fundamental to our business and we encourage applications from all backgrounds recognising the diversity of society and our customers.
As a business, we understand individual circumstances may differ and aim to be adaptable and to support flexible working practices. Talk to our recruitment team to understand how AEGIS London can help support you in reaching your full potential. Competitive Package