The focus of this role is around audience development. You'll be focused on finding out about what brought Alva's audience to us, and how to bring in more audience members. You
What you'll be doing
- You'll be getting insights from our audience members, identifying what brought these particular women to Alva, and understanding how we can market in a way that resonates with women who would belong in Alva's community.
- You'll be building relationships with our audience - creating direct connections to the customer, endearing them, and improving their perception of your business. You'll be speaking to women directly to learn about their experiences, and translating insights into actions that can grow and support our community.
- You'll be working out how we can reach, engage and activate audiences that are relevant to Alva's platform and products.
- You'll be supporting the planning of content so that we can proactively provide answers to women's questions with our content. We have over 100 articles on menopause in our library currently - and you'll help us refine what they have to meet the needs of our audience.
- You'll be devising and running experiments to keep our customers happy. Keeping our current customers engaged will improve retention and enable audience growth through referral.
- You'll be planning and executing on different experiments that can capture leads, increase the size of our audience and convert women onto paid products.
- You'll be running our first referral experiments - both getting more women into the community and onto Alva's paid products.
- You'll be one of the closest people to our customers and potential customers in the whole business. This means you'll work closely with the product team to improve the platform so it can do more for women.
We're looking for someone
At this time we can only offer roles to people who have the right to live and work in the UK. Please note we would also consider applications for part-time work and if this is of interest you should make it known in your application. Benefits
- Highly empathetic - you're going to be at the forefront of Alva's brand and speaking to women every day. We're trying to create a space where women feel supported and reassured. You'll channel this into your interactions with Alva's audience members.
- Who is comfortable with public speaking - this role will include calling customers, hosting events, and potentially featuring in video content.
- With significant marketing experience (> 3 years). You'll have experience and a clear track record in building audiences. You will have worked in an early-stage company and understand how hard you have to work to start something from scratch.
- Who is deeply passionate about having an impact. In this role, you'll feel the impact of Alva's huge mission every day. You'll find it motivating to give women support on this journey, and understand that growing our audience means helping more women.
- Dynamic and determined - a track record of getting things done, motivated by results. You enjoy working in small, scrappy teams.
- Creative and able to speak their mind - we want you to have lots of ideas, and to hear about them.
- A resourceful problem solver - you'll be able to work independently to solve problems.
- Who can ruthlessly focus and prioritise. In this role, you'll be wearing a lot of different hats and spending a lot of time speaking to women. This will generate a lot of ideas - you have to know how to prioritise ideas and get things done.
- Health and wellness experience would be preferable, but an interest in this is will be important for this role.
- Who sees joining a company this early for the huge opportunity that it is. The menopause market has been described as a 'wide open space' and as a marketeer, you should be excited about Alva's ability to grow in that space.
- A competitive salary with twice-yearly salary reviews.
- Own a part of Alva - employee share option scheme.
- 28 days of holiday per year, plus bank holidays. We also have an extra "birthday bank holiday" policy (take your birthday off, or the Monday after if it's on the weekend ).
- Flexible working hours - work at the times that are best for you.
- Pension contributions.
- A dog-friendly office (and a team dog called Susan) with a lot of plants . It's next to Broadway Market.
- Our benefits get reviewed periodically with input from the team.