Principal Process Engineer
£65,000 + 10% Bonus + Private Healthcare
Relocation Package Available
The post holder will be responsible for leading the Sciences engineering commitment to major capital projects. They will provide technical expertise to ensure that identification, design, sourcing, installation and qualification of new equipment conforms to all engineering best practice guidelines and meets all regulatory (cGMP, process safety and HSE) requirements. The Principal Process engineer will also provide expert contribution to facility, key services and process equipment upgrades of where required.
The post holder will:
1. Support major capital projects providing expert engineering input.
2. Generate User Requirement Specifications on behalf of the Sciences business unit for new installations in compliance with group validation requirements.
3. Facilitate scale up of processes from lab / semitech scale to full production in conjunction with sciences chemists.
4. Provide technical engineering input into all phases of facility and equipment qualification in line with regulatory expectations and group SOPs.
5. Interface with Engineering Services to ensure engineering support is provided for nominated projects.
6. Ensure engineering best practice is applied to all aspects of project work.
7. Provide expert support and guidance to engineering teams for existing and proposed equipment.
8. Provide engineering input to process HAZOP studies ensuring the plant specifications are adequate to operate new processes in a safe and effective manner.
9. Assist in the preparation of annual Capex budgets to ensure year on year improvement of Sciences manufacturing facilities.
10. Ensure Capital projects stay within budget and any change of scope is approved.
11. Review current facilities and installations against industry best practice and propose cost effective improvements to achieve nominated improvements.
12. Provide engineering input to major product quality investigations where required to ensure that key learnings are documented and propagated to all engineering functions.
13. Communicate effectively with production personnel to translate their previous experiences and desired outcomes into engineering definitions for new projects.
14. Develop comprehensive schedule for Major Capital projects
15. Provide Process Engineering input into projects to install and upgrade Distributed. Control Systems (DCS) and ensure adherence to GAMP.
16. Drive Engineering project Quality Risk Assessments as well as generation and completion of all associated validation documents for Process Equipment Modifications and new Installations
17. Coach and Mentor Junior Engineers working on Capital Projects, ensuring they work within procedures and HSE regulations.
18. Liaise and guide Maintenance Engineers in the generation and completion of Service schedules for processing and utility equipment within Capital projects.
19. Ensure capital projects comply with all regulatory requirements including DSEAR and ATEX.
20. Develop, in conjunction with maintenance staff, test and inspection regimes to ensure the continued safety of process operations.
21. Train operations and maintenance staff in the operation of new equipment
22. Ensure essential spares and relevant certification are acquired for new equipment.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration.