Principal Software EngineerEssexPermanent or Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer to join a small team involved in the development of software for counter air systems.
The work involves some embedded software development but primarily a bespoke HMI that forms the whole User Interface to the delivered capability.
This team works closely with real end users, often developing the functionality in a live dynamic manner - whilst also needing to ensure that required level of integrity exists in final delivered product.
This is a highly specialised and interesting opportunity that fully utilises Machine Learning in a real-time environment to real-world problemsResponsibilities:
- Development of Software code, in a live dynamic environment
- Documentation of Software designs to company standards
- Development of efficient and effective testing strategies that support both the required integrity and the ability to rapidly deploy updates
- Ability to develop high quality code in C#, Python and C/C++
- Development of code for Windows 10, Windows 10 IoT, Windows Forms and Windows UWP
- Understanding of TCP, UDP and Websockets
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience of Machine Learning systems, particularly TensorFlow
- Understanding of RTP, FTP, SNMP and Serial Comms
- Understanding of XML, KML, JSON, Protobuf and Asterix
- Practical experience working with mechatronic systems
Salaries and rates are very competitive and amongst the best in the industry.
For more information please apply and contact Advantage Resourcing quoting reference: 837484