Opcare, part of the Ability Matters Group, is the largest supplier of prosthetic and orthotic services to the NHS and private sector in the UK and Ireland. As a company we aim to continuously improve the services we deliver and develop those who work for us. If you are:
- Looking to take the next step upwards in your career pathway.
- Looking to join one of the fasting growing clinical service delivery companies in the UK?
- Want to join an organisation and team that believes in putting the patient first and focuses on improving the lives of individuals through innovation and service development?
- Want to join a team that focuses on staff development with regular training on the job?
We are currently seeking an experienced Orthotist to assess clients / patients in conjunction with Physiotherapists, NHS Consultants, Doctors and other members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate then provides orthotic treatment based on best practice.
The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic and busy team, and be supported with local, regional and national training to develop their clinical skills to support the service. We aim to deliver a first class service for users whilst applying the most advanced and exciting clinical and technical solutions available to patients.
To advance the delivery of the Opcare orthotic service by embracing evidence-based medicine and the result of Clinical audit in line with the requirements of clinical governance.Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- To ensure that that users provide sufficient information so that their understanding and expectations are targeted to gain the maximum benefit from their treatments.
- To ensure orthoses issued to patients are fitting and functioning satisfactorily and provided in a timely manner.
- Measuring, tracing / casting and fitting orthosis.
- Ensuring adequate identification of all orthosis and patients items etc at all times.
- Using REHAPP and CIMS, correctly record patient details and to process orders/deliveries.
- Ensure episodes of care are carried out in a timely fashion in compliance with the specified times agreed in the contract. This is the clear responsibility of the Orthotist. Any deviations from these times are appropriately recorded.
- Review on a weekly basis the caseload to ensure that satisfactory progress is being made in providing orthosis in compliance to the agreed time frame.
- To practice within the code of ethics and guidelines of the HCPC.
- To participate in continuing professional development and ensure your CPD portfolio is maintained.
- An excellent appreciation of customer needs and how best to articulate how Opcare can meet those needs.
The position requires the job holder to possess:
- Proven practical experience working successfully as an Orthotist.
- Committed to the highest standards of patient care.
- Proven experience of working within high performing teams.
- Positive and proactive 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise efficiently and work with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Robust judgement and ability to make sound decisions quickly and effectively in complex situations.
- Self-motivated and uses initiative.
- Attitude of continuous improvement.
- Good standard or literacy & numeracy.
- Confidential and professional.
- Have full DBS clearance.
- Certified Orthotist
- HND Orthotics
- BSc Orthotics
Must also be fully HCPC Registered. To apply please email your CV with a covering letter ASAP to email@example.com For more details and additional vacancies please see our website www.abilitymatters.com