G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.The role
This role sits within the CTO Office, which co-ordinates the G-Research technology strategy and vision.
As G-Research technology matures, we have seen a growing number of projects which span multiple delivery areas. Within G-Research, Solution Architects operate in a Product Architecture role, working across a number of engineering teams building end-to-end solutions to solve business problems.
As a Solution Architect within the CTO Office, you will:
Who are we looking for?
- Work with a range of business stakeholders to understand the needs and outcomes they are seeking and translate these into clearly defined requirements
- Co-ordinate with peer Architects and a range of Engineering teams across infrastructure, platform, application, data and corporate services to form end-to-end solution designs which meet business needs
- Own the associated business process and business change implications for your solution designs
- Work alongside the PPM function in planning and executing the delivery of solutions you own, ensuring that cost, quality and time are appropriately balanced
- Provide technical leadership on key architecture decisions and act as a point of technical escalation for the Engineering teams delivering your design
- Maintain a hands-on approach to the design, development and support of existing and new products
- Support the CTO and Architecture Practice Lead by advocating and applying key G-Research architectural shifts within your solution designs
- Operate as part of the wider Federated Architecture team, identifying and answering key emerging significant strategic questions
- Proactively manage governance and quality such that your solution architectures address a pragmatic balance of business and security objectives
You will have a demonstrable background in large-scale design, system implementation and architecture within a comparable organisation operating at scale. You will bring broad experience of gathering and clarifying business needs and translating them into actionable plans within rapidly changing environments.
Ideally you will demonstrate the following:
Why should you apply?
- A breadth of experience in a wide range of architecture approaches, their pitfalls and benefits
- The soft skills and experience of working with people to ensure that you are sensitive to the views of others, including a wide variety of different stakeholders
- Technical delivery experience across a range of solution types with prior specialism in one of infrastructure, software or SaaS delivery
- Ability to bring structure to situations of high uncertainty and balance delivery imperative with long-term outcomes
- Ability to gather, analyse, document and validate the needs of customers and stakeholders and build concepts and solutions for them
- Strong analytical thinking with the ability to acquire a good understanding of a problem or situation quickly by breaking it down systematically into components
- Sound technical background in system design, engineering or software development with the ability to bridge a span of detailed technical through to high level conceptual discussion
- Strong security architecture understanding with exposure to high-assurance operating environments
- Understanding and experience of how complexity arises in organisations, the underlying causes and methods of tackling it
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team but also operate as a self-starter with a proactive approach
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines