London/ Leeds / GlasgowThe Company
FDM Group is a global professional services provider with a focus on IT. Working with nearly 200 clients across multiple business sectors, FDM's unique and robust business model brings client requirements and technology skill sets together in the most effective way. With training centres across the UK, mainland Europe, North America and Asia, FDM has shown rapid growth in recent years and has firmly established itself as one of the fastest growing, award winning, companies in Europe.Role
FDM Group is looking to expand its Training Division to meet rapidly growing demand. There is an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Software Testing Trainer with proven commercial experience to join our experienced training team. The role will predominantly involve training the latest pool of talented graduates, helping to shape and develop their future by providing the skills they need to succeed as Software Testing Consultants. Based at any one of our UK academies (London, Leeds or Glasgow) you will be working in a team of talented individuals, utilising your industry knowledge and sharing it with the next generation of IT specialists through group and one to one scenarios. Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Trainees through the course modules, assessing their progress to the quality standards defined by Course Owners.
- Support and mentor Trainees throughout their time in Academy.
- Deliver courseware updates when requested by Course Owners to meet the learning outcomes defined by the business.
- Work closely with Sales to ensure the right candidates are selected for roles.
- Minimum of three years' experience in a commercial software testing environment
- ISTQB certified to at least foundation level
- Strong understanding of Test Design, Test Execution and Defect Management processes
- Desire to learn and develop new skills
- Passion for training and delivery
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Strong team working skills
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.
- Commercial training experience
- Programming skills in OOP languages (e.g. Java or C#)
- Experience in test automation using tools such as Selenium WebDriver
- Knowledge of BDD/Gherkin
- Experience in API Testing using tools such as SoapUI, Postman etc.
- Experience in using Git to version control code