Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
As an essential member of the Sirtex Global Marketing team, the EMEA Marketing Manager will be responsible for the strategic and tactical development of downstream marketing activities. Specifically, this role will have a deep understanding of the product and clinical indications, heavily focusing on executing marketing campaigns that drive an increase in procedural referrals leading to organic growth while protecting the base business. The individual must be able to develop strong relationships with industry societies and key opinion leaders and will have a proven track record of successful development of key messaging campaigns, effective sales pitches and sales training efforts.
Additionally, as a member of a high performing and collaborative team, this person should embrace a team-oriented approach with the ability to move seamlessly with company executives, staff, physicians, and patients. Candidate must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and consistently be able to meet deadlines. Individual must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment with an ability to execute on projects with limited information and oversight. Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects is an integral part of the position. Individual can be located in Spain, Italy, UK, Germany or France RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATIONAL PREREQUISITES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Create and execute marketing plans and promotional strategies to provide education to oncologists (med, rad, surg), interventional radiologist and nuclear medicine to drive referrals and increase sales.
- Identify customer segments and create targeting prioritization in partnership with the sales team.
- Conduct regular competitive product assessment and provide management with frequent updates and market insights.
- Develop competitive strategies and tactics to grow/protect market share.
- Lead/support new product launch activities in collaboration with product management.
- Establish and maintain active and collaborative relationships with members of Global Marketing, sales personnel, HEPRA and the Medical team.
- Build and maintain a strong KOL network that will foster collaboration and sharing of insights and ideas.
- Gather detailed information, analysis, and investigation to overcome problems and issues faced regarding product marketing.
- Represent marketing on various cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Support product management by gathering customer insights and feedback on current and potential future products.
- Provide a central point of contact for the sales team to add value and demonstrate excellent internal customer service.
- Collaborate with global marketing partners to develop business plans to drive / support regional business results through collaboration on launches, regulatory approvals, training and other region and country specific needs.
- Work effectively with the marketing team and other departments to ensure necessary support and input to projects.
- Monitor and analyze the effects of marketing activity on sales.
What you can expect from Sirtex:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or higher education preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years in the medical device industry in a field/downstream marketing capacity is required with sales experience desirable.
- Oncology and/or interventional radiology experience is ideal.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, particularly in working effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and foster constructive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Able to understand highly technical products and translate into a simple and clear value proposition that drive changes in customer behavior.
- Proficient English speaking and writing skills.
- Effective analytic and project management skills.
- Travel expectations of roughly 20%.
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people's lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume in English and all relevant certificates in English or German to Gianina Ureta, Human Resources Associate EMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately, applications send via post cannot be returned. Do not apply through LinkedIn
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefits which are practical, robust, fair and equitable.
- A place with a great offer of training opportunities.
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world.