Senior Data Engineer (Development) £65,000 + excellent benefits West London
MBN's client, a leading broadcast media company are in search for a Senior Data Engineer to join their fast-growing team.
The successful candidate will be building scalable data pipelines, working with SQL, GCP Big Query, and is expected to have a solid understanding of Big Data principles. You'll provide expert solutions to stakeholders and collaborate with Analysts and Data Scientists to ensure the entire Software Development lifecycle thrives.Responsibilities:
· Contribute towards defining analysis and data engineering best practice, uphold standards and ensure consistency of delivery across the team.
· Work with members of the Data team to champion business context and proposed changes to ensure they have a full understanding of the impact and support throughout the development cycle.
· Mentor and coach other members of the team, being a role model in terms of working practices.
· Supporting & deputising Architects and Team Lead/Manager where necessaryRequirements
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery of analysis across large data warehousing projects, data streaming and data pipeline design.
- Translate business requirements into user stories covering functional, non-functional, security and acceptance criteria.
- SQL skills enabling large scale data transformation and analysis
- Good experience with GCP or AWS cloud.
- Desired experience includes: Shell scripting or Python, Java, Spark, Netezza
- Experience with a micro-services based solutions would be useful