StrategiQ are looking for a full-time Senior UX/UI Designer to join our agency with offices in both Ipswich Suffolk and Henley-in-Arden Warwickshire.
A Senior or Lead Designer with the StrategiQ team consistently demonstrates excellence within their own design work and exemplifies our values by fully understanding our client's needs and solving them through creative output that exceeds expectations.
An inspiration to others in the design team, a Senior Designer is continually relied upon by the Head of Creative to take on complex briefs, provide guidance to Junior Designers and communicate effectively across other teams and departments within the agency to ensure an integrated approach.
Part of the process from the outset, you will lead and execute creative projects for some of our most prestige and challenging clients. Becoming entrenched in their needs, strategy and objectives, you will work closely with the Account Director to not only deliver the creative assets for the project but be part of the wider end-to-end timeline ensuring that our processes, standards and attention to detail are upheld consistently.
You are also individually accountable for ensuring that your work and projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and to the expected standard.
With operational support from The Head of Production and Head of Creative, you'll be working as part of a team to engineer and design the best possible creative solution that exceeds our client's expectations. You'll build strong one-to-one relationships with our clients and support their ongoing creative requirements. You are articulate and able to communicate your ideas, rationale and solutions effortlessly to a variety of client audiences.
With an impressive digital portfolio and body of work, you are able to demonstrate your ability to solve creative briefs aligned with marketing strategies and brand values whilst producing beautiful creatives that inspire implementation. Your experience would typically span various disciplines including Print, Web, Branding, Illustration and Graphic Design - affording you a wide perspective and techniques, styles and mediums to draw from.
A perfectionist, you're happy to go the extra mile to hit deadlines and to consistently push your own skills and experience. Rather than waiting to be trained and inspired, you take it upon yourself to further your development and learn new processes, technologies and skills. You'll be part of knowledge-share workshops, allocate time for research and development and have an interest in attending relevant industry events to continually hone your skills, observe trends and adopt best-practice.What we want from a Senior Designer
What you'll get as a Senior Designer
- 5+ years commercial experience either in-house, agency or freelance
- Understand, interrogate, challenge and expand upon client briefs and prospective RFPs against your own experience and our company strategy processes.
- Meet with clients to develop your understanding of their business, brand, objectives and wider creative or marketing strategy in order to enhance our team's understanding of their needs.
- Translate all creative and client needs into comprehensive and accessible briefs that align with strategy both internally and externally with client contacts.
- Working either independently or leading a small internal creative team, plan and execute the required creatives and/or User Interface designs within our agreed industry best-practice workflow and applications.
- Work closely with Directors, Account Directors and the Head of Creative to align creative briefs, objectives and strategies for projects within the team. You will collaborate and share your work at agreed milestones to validate your approach, avoid delays and remain within scope at all times.
- Work with the Account Director and Account Managers to define scope and develop project budgets as part of supportive efforts with pitches, proposal estimates and ongoing creative enhancements.
- Lead internal and external client-facing presentations of creatives, strategy and rationale articulately.
- The opporutnity to evolve and contribute to our best practice standards and processes
- Dedicated time for training, research and development
- The opportunity to attend leading industry conferences, events and participate in training and certification programmes
- Competitive salary inline with your talent, skill and experience
- Inclusive onsite Gym membership (Ipswich Office)
- 23 days holiday per year plus all British Bank Holidays
- Company-wide bonus scheme, annual awards and monthly MVP programme
StrategiQ is committed to equality of opportunity for all applicants of this role. Respectfully no agencies please and we are looking to fill this role with a candidate physically based in the UK. Our Values
- Fuelled by ambition - We always strive to be better. By refining our processes, researching new ideas and developing our skill sets, we collectively achieve more than we or our clients ever believed possible.
- Commercially-minded - Our business is founded on creative and technical expertise but driven by a deep awareness of business needs and what a company must do to thrive.
- Championing expertise - We continually develop, cultivate, inspire and nurture everyone in our team. Through training, stability, support, relationships, rewards, celebrations and fulfilling ambitions, we all rise together.
- Genuinely caring - Clients are placing their business in our hands, and this responsibility informs everything we do. We're a partner in their success and don't rest until they're moving forward.