Senior Lead Developer - InsurTech (Location flexible within UK/Isle of Man)
EIP Group (Virtual Systems Limited) provides a bleeding‐edge software ecosystem to global blue-chip organizations. Our top caliber development gurus manage an industry-leading platform that our corporate clients use to control all aspects of their mobile device insurance delivery. Our innovation in this rapidly growing space has seen us being listed in the top 100 Global InsurTech companies of 2020 as voted by a panel of analysts and industry experts
We are looking for a Senior Lead Developer to proactively lead, develop and mentor a team of highly talented Software Developers ensuring that the team delivers to the highest quality. The team currently comprises 10 developers.
The success of this role will be measured through the cohesion of the team, the output quality of projects, the accuracy of estimations and the forward-thinking, planning and development of skills within the team.
Whilst the main office is based in Castletown, Isle of Man, the company has operations based from Manchester, Birmingham, London and Madrid. The position allows remote working from the UK.ABOUT YOU
You will feel at home leading an agile development team with its open communications, emphasis on innovation, commitment to quality, focus on getting things done and having great fun doing it. To succeed in this role, you will need the following skills:
- Experience of leading and developing a software development team located across multiple locations, ensuring that deadlines and project goals are met.
- Ability to take the initiative and pro-actively lead the improvement of the code output of the company
- You must be able to ensure Agile Software Development best practice approaches are adopted, maintained.
- Passionate about developing excellent products and high-quality code and thinking outside the box.
- Excellent team management skills with the ability to motivate and drive team members
- Ability build solutions end to end from design through to deployment.
- Able to offer insight into process improvement, quality assurance and best practice
- Excellent written and spoken communication particularly with the ability to clearly explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Have the ability to contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company. Including suggesting technical solutions to problems.
- Possess excellent process and documentation experience, authoring and presenting technical specification. Experience with applying development processes and best practices.
- Excellent ability to present ideas/solutions clearly to both clients and colleagues
· A problem solver with ability to develop creative solutions for challenging problems
· You will use your technical experience when reviewing and auditing legacy code.
- Hold experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Worked within a similar technical environment to EIP (please see below)
We set our hiring bar high - you will be working with the best. The company is growing fast and you will have significant opportunity to make a real impact on our platform and our brand. By learning and developing fast from day one you will contribute towards, and share in, the company's success. You will benefit from:
MORE ABOUS US...
- An international (ca. 7 nationalities) and highly motivated team that is capable of lightning quick maneuvering and execution
- Challenging and responsible tasks with space for further development within the company
- Strong team spirit supported by regular team events, internal and external workshops
- Competitive salary and flexible working arrangements including working remotely
- Be part of a movement to fundamentally change an industry, liberalising app development
- Enjoy the trust, independence and responsibility required to allow you to deliver quickly and effectively
- Use the latest AI technology to analyse and develop the next level of mobile device insurance
If you are passionate, hungry, and dedicated and you are interested in becoming a part of this exciting, innovative and progressive software business, send us your CV in English along with a covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com
The small print.... Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to: ID document verification, credit check, address verification, employment verification, employment gap verification, Media and Social Media checks (public information); UK Court Checks, UK Basic Criminal Record Disclosure, UK financial regulator search, anti-money laundering search, directorship search and global watch and sanctions list check.