Working for Biomedical Data Solutions provides an opportunity to work on software products that genuinely make a difference to people's lives. Our products are used in diagnostic laboratories across the world.
We are looking to recruit Software Developers to join our growing team with significant experience of software development in a professional, commercial environment.Responsibilities inlcude:
- Generation of a design specification for a given set of requirements at the component or system level.
- Identification and implementation of robust solutions to meet specifications to coding standards and defined best practices.
- Ensuring development is carried out in compliance with coding standards and software development procedures as defined in the QMS.
- Fostering coding good practice in other developers on a project
- Ability to perform code reviews on other developers code and recommend actions
- Capable of providing reliable task breakdowns and time estimates for work as required.
- Acting as 'Lead Developer' on a project if required, showing technical leadership including:
• - manage technical tasks for less senior developers on a project
• - mentor less experienced developers where appropriate\required on the project
Candidates must be articulate, self-motivated, capable of working closely with colleagues part of a small development team. Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years commercial software development experience.
- Experience of working in an Agile project environment. Confident in contributing to daily stand-ups, refinement and retrospective meetings.
- Strong analytical skills needed to understand the product requirements and translate into designs and solutions.
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration environments/processes
- Experience developing applications using TDD or BDD e.g. NUnit, specflow
- Degree educated and/or relevant and substantial experience
- .NET development, including ASP.Net Web API, C#, Entity Framework, SignalR
- Angular development, including HTML and CSS, Typescript and JS
- A thorough understanding of SOLID design principles
- Experience designing and developing relational databases
The role is based in Burton upon Trent with free parking provided. We offer a competitive salary, eligibility for our bonus scheme and a range of benefits including pension, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance programme and cash health plan.