To handle a mixed portfolio of major Loss and technical claims; often domestic and commercial, and typically complex claims with a value of £100k plus.Job Scope
- The Adjuster will be part of the Major and Complex Loss Division and will report via the relevant senior Manager.
- Extensive experience of property or similar claims
- Experience of excellent relationship management with clients
- ACILA qualified
- Work both externally and internally assessing major loss claims, and adjusting where appropriate on an international basis.
- Receiving and acknowledging new claims.
- Preparing case management plans, visiting Insurers, Reinsurers, Claimants and the Insured.
- Preparing reports commenting in detail on all aspects of the claim, including policy analysis and liability, quantum and future actions.
- Visiting sites, interviewing witnesses and preparation of witness statements.
- Instructing and controlling surveyors, lawyers, forensic scientists and other experts as appropriate.
- Communicating regularly with all interested parties, calculating and approving interim payments, preparing interim reports and other communication.
- Calculating and agreeing settlement of claims, and preparing final reports.
- Assisting in the development of less experienced staff members.
- Additionally developing working relationships with existing clients and helping to identify and plan approaches to new clients.
- Maintain and update files and records keeping fully up to date on any technical or legal changes which may have a bearing on a case.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities for self and team.
- Maintain awareness of Business Continuity programme and role within it
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
- Ability to work to given targets
- Flexible approach - the job holder will be required to travel throughout the UK and internationally as appropriate
- Customer focused
- Quality focused role - providing quality service to both internal and external customers
- Team focused - working with colleagues throughout the business
- Reactive - responding to daily workloads as dictated by customer requirements
- Proactive - making sure KPI's and SLA's are met
- Handle and co-ordinate complaints and compliments
- Achievement of targets
- Competent use of technology