Lead Software EngineerAbout FreeFlow:
Based in Scotland, FreeFlow is a young and ambitious start-up dedicated to producing a range of eco-friendly transport solutions to a wide range of customers.
Using our patented technology, our e-bike drives and transmissions provide the power needed to delight our riders when they want it, but also ride like a normal bike, when motor assistance is no longer required.
To enable us to meet our ambitious growth targets, we are expanding our Technical and Manufacturing teams significantly. We need enthusiastic professionals to help us get our ideas into people's lives as soon as we can.About the Position:
We have a pipeline of exciting new products that we are developing for a number of customers; you will be instrumental in successfully designing, testing and ultimately delivering these.
As the Lead Software/Test Engineer, you will be working for the Chief Engineer to successfully deliver integrated solutions comprising of mechanical, electrical and software elements to challenging timescales.
You will be heavily involved in NPI projects ensuring all product ideas have a clear route to manufacture. The day to day will vary wildly from designing top-level processes from scratch to hands-on technical work in our Scotland base. No two days will be the same. If you aren't already, you will become an expert in e-bike battery and motor control systems in an exciting and rapidly growing industry.Key Responsibilities:Design
- As the Lead Software/Test Engineer, you will be responsible for conceiving, architecting, designing, and implementing full stack software solutions and performance testing for FreeFlow's transport products.
- Work within a team of mechanical designers, electronics designers and our business team through all stages of the product design cycle: from architecture and simulation, firmware development, prototyping, testing and validation.
- Work with the technical team in a research and development capacity to enhance our knowledge of our systems, through simulation and testing and ensure their ultimate reliability, compliance to regulatory standards while adopting new technology advancements.
- Transfer software and production test solutions through to volume manufacture (contact manufacture) - either in the UK or the Far East.
- As the software and testing design authority, you will lead the part certification and product launch approvals process to ISO standards
About You:Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Lead the test system development RFQ process by compiling RFQ packages (drafting technical specifications)
- Occasional visits to our international supply chain through regular visits to our suppliers & representing FreeFlow in high-level business activities.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field.
- 5+ years of software development, test engineering experience.
- Ability to complete all duties relating to creating, maintaining and modifying code, as well as developing and improving coding standards and procedures.
- Full stack software development experience, embedded firmware development, enterprise software development using C#.
- Experience with MatLab and/or NI LabVew/LabWindows.
- Ability to understand and create SQL queries and stored procedures.
- App development, iOS, Android.
- Algorithm development for low voltage power electronics, brushless DC motor control applications.
- Li-ion battery technology, battery packs and battery management systems.
- Bluetooth/RS-485/CANBus/ANT serial and wireless communication protocols.
- DFMEA, PFMEA, Software Validation & Testing, Value Engineering.
- Fluent English
What we offer:
- Experience with Agile methodology and one or more Agile frameworks, i.e. Scrum, Kanban.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle management processes.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to do the impossible with a positive and professional "never say die" attitude.
- Strong desire to be a part of a world class team focused on achieving results
Our ideal candidate:
- Competitive salary range
- 25 Days holiday
- Flexible hours based around a core 5 days a week, 8h per day
- Huge career development opportunities at a high growth company where your input and ideas are valued
- Opportunities to travel
- Interested in working in a start-up environment where they will be given full exposure within the company, lots of on-the-job training and responsibility and fast-tracked career progression.
- Highly resourceful with ability to work collaboratively with external engineering professionals and alongside our suppliers' engineers to ensure a smooth transition to manufacture.
- Quick learner, jack of all trades and master of at least one.
- Keen for global travel, touring our international supply chain when needs must.