Anaplan, the Connected Planning pioneer, is changing the way the world's most respected companies do business. We believe in clear, open communication enabling teams to overcome obstacles and move forward together. We want you to feel that you belong to a team, you matter, and are able to be your authentic self. We all work together to deliver business value with the power of Connected Planning at every level within every organization, and alongside an ever-growing number of users, a rich partner ecosystem, and active community. At Anaplan, our values are key to everything we do. We call it #AnaplanLOVE
At Anaplan these words come to life by making employees feel empowered and inspired.
Building a strong culture around company values is an ongoing journey
that will continue to be the core of our existence.
Anaplan is looking for a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
in Add-On Integrations to join our expanding team in London
and contribute as a member of the Global Engineering organisation located in San Francisco, Minneapolis, London and York, UK.
As a senior software engineer in Add-On integrations, you will be providing technical leadership to a team of engineers working on one of our Add-On projects that integrate the Anaplan Platform with other third-party platforms or applications. These include Microsoft Office Add-Ins (On Premises and Office 365), Google Sheets Add-On, DocuSign Integration and our underlaying Backend Integration API. You'll be working on extending the existing add-ons with additional features, working on planned and reactive maintenance and long-term strategic technology sustainability. Anaplan is a business critical, tier-1 system that must be highly available with low latency, despite complexity and scale. The mission of the Add-on integrations tribe is to extend the connected planning ecosystem of Anaplan by helping customers connect and integrate with the business tools they love. Flawless integration for added value experience. Bringing the Power of Anaplan connected planning to our customers world.
As a senior member of the team, you'll have huge impact on delivering customer value in the data integration and platform extension space. Additionally, the central nature of this team means high visibility, with plenty of opportunities to learn and push boundaries.
In light of COVID-19
Anaplan is a remote workforce and will be until Spring/Summer 2021 when we'll get to return to our awesome office in Kings Cross.
Given this variation of add-on integrations, you must be comfortable quickly picking up new programming languages, platforms and tooling. We're looking for someone who's excited and loves to solve exciting problems at scale while delivering new capabilities to our rapidly growing number of customers. If you value writing sustainable, resilient code to ensure that our customers' experience is the very best it can be and you want to help cultivate a collaborative, inclusive, creative, authentic, tenacious culture- this is the place for you!In This Role You Will
- Work full stack on web development using React and Node.JS/Kotlin or C#
- Be aware and self-sufficient in addressing security aspects encountered in web development such as maintaining and updating dependencies and removing known vulnerabilities
- Contribute to the continued evolution of product functionality that service our customers, data and traffic.
- Write code that is high-quality, performant, sustainable and testable while holding yourself accountable for the quality of the code you produce.
- You'll get hands on with hybrid cloud infrastructure, considering the implementation of functionality through several distributed components and services.
- Work in a containerized application that embraces SOLID, microservices and docker. You must be familiar with Docker, Kubernetes Container Orchestration, Jenkins and other DevOps tooling and techniques
- Mentor and help junior engineers progress.
Bonus If You Also Have
- You have working experience with Databases.
- A strong background in encouraging an approach of continuous delivery, test automation and agile development.
- Proficiency in using REST APIs or similar for data integration.
- A deep understanding of the value of testing to deliver a high-quality product.
- Experience working in production with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Working knowledge of containers and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working closely with product management and UX teams to deliver the best solution to the problem at hand.
- Experience with building observability into services to track usage and health (Splunk, ELK stack, SignalFX)
- ExpressJS/Next.js, Webpack, WebSocket, Gulp are a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills - you are pragmatic and know how to build trust.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
What We Offer
- Experience with DevOps tools and Build/Release pipelines and Kubernetes/Helm and Harnes.
- Working experience in more than one of the Backend technologies (Node.JS, Java/Kotlin, C#)
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Add-In implementation and/or Office 365 Add-In Implementation
Our diversity and inclusion commitment
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives.
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve -you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!Our story
Anaplan is a cloud-native enterprise SaaS company helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. Our customers come first to create heroes, unlock potential & build trust and confidence. We challenge legacy thinking and software that isn't flexible for the modern organization. We have architected the only platform that will take the time from planning to decision down to zero.
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time, to make better decisions to enhance your business. The platform helps you dynamically orchestrate performance enterprise-wide, and convert constant change to your environment.
See what our global customers and partners have to say about Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
Can't find the perfect role for you? New opportunities are opening up daily: http://anaplan.com/CAREERSCOVID-19 Update
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.