At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.Job Description
Turner & Townsend is looking to hire a SIEM Administrator to join our existing Information Security team. The role of the SIEM Administrator will be to work closely with our security team to develop and deliver solutions to gain visibility of security events within our environment.
Build new or develop existing event correlation, reporting and remediation capabilities based on advanced monitoring use cases, external threat intelligence, and known traffic patterns. Regularly review Audit Logs to recognise both normal and abnormal activity.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have a strong understanding of security engineering with experience of working in a fast-paced environment.Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop and enhance security policies, processes, procedures and technical controls to strengthen Turner & Townsend's security capabilities and resilience to cyber threats
- Take a proactive role in identifying security risks, mitigations and opportunities to strengthen Turner & Townsend's resilience to cyber-attacks and security incidents
- Participate in the design and implementation of systems and applications to ensure that proposed solutions comply with the company's IT Security policies
- Assist with security incident management and response activities
- Interact with the IT team to provide and share technical issue resolution knowledge and deployment/adoption processes best practices
- Provide analysis of information security risk and issues of non-compliance
- Manage, maintain, optimise and tune the Microsoft Sentinel SIEM solution, ensuring all key systems send activity information to the SIEM solution and that the solution recognises and differentiates between both normal and abnormal system activity
- Investigate unusual behaviour highlighted by SIEM, reporting potential threats or malicious activity and support security incident response efforts as required
- Develop dashboards and reports for monitoring of real-time log data, that clearly report on and highlight critical events
- Provide internal training, support and knowledge transfer to other Information Security team members, to enable efficient management of SIEM related processes
Core Behavioural Skills
- Experience and good understanding of Microsoft technologies including: Azure Active Directory, Windows Server, and M365
- An in depth knowledge of the Microsoft Sentinel SIEM solution and configuration best practice and use
- Use of advanced security assessment tools
- Basic understanding of firewall and intrusion detection system administration
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP
- Ability to tune and harden various operating systems
- Ability to use security systems to correlate and respond to security alerts and events
- Detailed knowledge of
- SIEM administration, log investigation, analysis and reporting
- Common exploitation tools, tactics and procedures
- Persistent attacks, detection methods and how malicious software persists on compromised systems
- Security incident response procedures and best practices
- Preferred Skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Well organised, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan projects effectively
- Ability to assist others and share knowledge with other team members
- Confident individual with the good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language
- Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information
- Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users
- Good organisational skills, used to managing and prioritising own workload
- Ability to report on progress, timescales, outstanding and completed activities
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/