Anaplan, the Connected Planning pioneer, is changing the way the world's most respected companies do business. We believe in clear, open communication enabling teams to overcome obstacles and move forward together. We want you to feel that you belong to a team, you matter, and are able to be your authentic self. We all work together to deliver business value with the power of Connected Planning at every level within every organization, and alongside an ever-growing number of users, a rich partner ecosystem, and active community. At Anaplan, our values are key to everything we do. We call it #AnaplanLOVE
At Anaplan these words come to life by making employees feel empowered and inspired.
Building a strong culture around company values is an ongoing journey
that will continue to be the core of our existence.
Anaplan has an opportunity for an Engineering Manager
to build and lead a new Cloud Engineering
team at the forefront of our DevOps transformation.
Working as part of a Cloud Platform Engineering group that supports the functions of Software Development, Ops, Security and more in delivering a SaaS platform that is helping top-flight companies around the world to make better-informed plans and decisions every day. Anaplan is a business critical, tier-1 system that must be highly available with low latency, despite complexity and scale.
We love people with a passion for building and developing teams of exceptional engineers, and are also able to roll your sleeves up to get hands-on, with a solid background implementing Infrastructure as Code projects.
You will join a group of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren't afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and who are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don't wait for an excuse to have fun. In fact, we're so serious about it that it's one of our core values.What You'll Be Doing
More About You
- Building a team of exceptional cloud infrastructure engineers. You will be able to offer great packages to attract the best talent.
- Mentoring and developing the members of your team, and making sure they have opportunities to build skills and experience.
- Delivering solutions that support mission-critical services with high efficiency, availability and operability.
- Caring for your team, ensuring that they are happy, feel comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and are productive without late-nights or weekend heroics.
- Embracing an agile mindset to develop processes that work best for your projects and commitments.
- Contributing to the vision for the future development and runtime platform for Anaplan services - ensuring continuous improvement and the application of best practices.
- Acting as a team-player yourself, supporting your peer managers in other teams across the organisation.
- Taking ownership of the team's roadmap and working with an experienced product manager to ensure it is realistic and aligned with company goals.
- Ensuring the quality of your team's output by recruiting the right people, and role-modelling responsible ownership of quality.
- Ensuring visibility of your roadmap and project progress for partners.
- Managing impediments, spotting them early and mitigating effectively.
- Owning your projects from inception to production.
- You have experience at the leadership of teams - either as a manager or in key positions where you mentored more junior team members and helped to make key decisions. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, but this could be a good opportunity for a first-time manager with relevant aptitude and experience.
- You have a wealth of experience in using public cloud technologies and applying these technologies to address real world problems. Designing cloud infrastructure with an eye on meeting availability, durability, security and regulatory requirements will come naturally to you.
- You are unafraid to step outside your technological comfort zone: you love to learn new technologies and are comfortable operating in other parts of the stack when necessary.
You care passionately about the wellbeing and engagement of the people in your team and you like to coach and take pride in developing talent.
You bring a solid understanding of Agile principles but are not bound to a fixed methodology. You are pragmatic and look to deliver value early and often with continuous improvement rather than aiming for perfection in a single delivery.
You are a natural communicator and build productive relationships with stakeholders and peers.Technologies You'll Work With
- AWS/EKS, GCP/GKE
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Jenkins & Harness
- Others - including technologies you help to choose to suit the needs of your project
Our diversity and inclusion commitment
- Experience in DevOps
- Programming skills in any modern language
- Building APIs, including RESTful APIs
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!Our story
Anaplan is a cloud-native enterprise SaaS company helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. Our customers come first to create heroes, unlock potential & build trust and confidence. We challenge legacy thinking and software that isn't flexible for the modern organization. We have architected the only platform that will take the time from planning to decision down to zero.
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time, to make better decisions to enhance your business. The platform helps you dynamically orchestrate performance enterprise-wide, and convert constant change to your environment.
See what our global customers and partners have to say about Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
Can't find the perfect role for you? New opportunities are opening up daily: http://anaplan.com/CAREERSCOVID-19 Update
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.