Lyst is the definitive fashion shopping website and app, used by over 100M shoppers a year to discover and buy fashion. More than 8.5M products from over 12,000 brands and stores can be accessed through our website and app, offering shoppers convenience and unparalleled choice.
Lyst is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us and help Lyst build and grow our product. You will work closely with our current engineers, designers, growth and product managers to develop new product features and help us execute our product strategy. You will be working within our App Tribe in one of the mission based squads.About the team:
As a member of the Discovery squad, you'll be working on one of the most ambitious and important bets we're making as a company. Working alongside a team of engineers, designers, PMs and editorial, you'll be responsible for shaping and building the most personalised and entertaining fashion content experience on the planet.
Specifically, you'll be helping us create automated personalised sets of content (think Spotify's Discover Weekly but for fashion), helping us enrich our content metadata to help improve our ranking algorithms and building the backend services needed to scale this to millions of fashion lovers around the world. You'll also be supporting the collection of services that powers the Lyst mobile app.What you will be working on:
- Building new and maintaining existing features and functionality for our Mobile API
- Understanding business requirements to improve monitoring
- Integration with other APIs and services internal and external
- Documenting and being accountable for the stability of the system
- You'll primarily be working with Python (Django)
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Postgresql, Redis, SQS, SNS
- Collaborating with product managers, mobile engineers, QA and designers
- Experience with any Backend development framework e.g. Python, Django
- Experience creating API specifications
- Experience building API that perform well and are optimised
- Proven experience with backend fundamentals from APIs to databases to deployment
- Accountable to keep team members informed on the work progress and status on approaches or solutions
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team. You are able to explain your ideas clearly and transform them into plans. You are able to design the solution to a complex problem.
- You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production.
- You aren't afraid to refactor existing code in favour of working around shortcomings.
- A thorough knowledge of automated testing, particularly unit testing.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines i.e. CircleCI etc.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Conferences and events. We're big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans