Frontend (React) Engineer
The Oddschecker US Squad we are aiming to build a truly unique experience for our US customers that embraces their passion for sports by offering them the data and content they can trust in. Our talented Technology and Product teams are at the heart of our US plans and are focused on solving the difficult challenges the US market brings such as localisation and personalisation. We are looking for talented individuals who want to join us on this journey and build solutions that are truly game changing.
If you are ready to be challenged, you will collaborate across multiple teams in a highly agile environment to solve complex technical problems. We are a cloud first company, and you If you are ready to be challenged, you will collaborate across multiple teams in a highly agile environment to solve complex technical problems. We are a cloud first company, and you will lead development of our strategic US odds comparison platform utilising the latest technologies, including ones proposed by yourself. Your key responsibilities will include...
Day to day, you will:
We need someone who has knowledge of the following...
- Work on a product used daily by millions of users
- Build and maintain the US desktop and mobile client side platforms
- Taking design ideas and seeing them through to production
- Participate in estimation, planning, design and ideas stages
- Working as part of the wider development team
- Have the opportunity to influence our roadmap and take your ideas through to execution
• Strong experience structuring and developing component-based UIs.
• Experience working with JS state management libraries such as: Redux, MobX.
• Strong web development skills with experience writing semantic HTML5 and CSS3/SASS styling.
• Experience working in an Agile environment on fast developing products.
• Good knowledge of front-end build tools such as: Webpack, Rollup, Gulp etc.
• Strong command of cross-browser development techniques.
• Understanding of, and interest in, usability issues.
• SEO considerations.
• TDD and Testing Frameworks e.g. Jest, Jasmine etc.
Highly desirable skills include:
• Experience using typed JS supersets such as Typescript.
• Experience in server-side technologies (Java, Node, Go).
• CI/CD tools such as: Gitlab pipelines, Jenkins, Github actions etc.
• Understanding of node module/NPM package development.
• Familiarity with common web application architectures (MVC, SPA etc).What you'll get back from us
Alongside of being challenged daily and a real interest in your development, you will also receive:
· Competitive bonus scheme
· Free Sky HD package, broadband and discounted sky talk
· Free puregym membership
· Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
· Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
· £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
· 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)