Founded in September 2018 by two former equity derivatives traders in London, skew.
develops cutting edge data analytics and trade execution products for cryptocurrency markets. The company is backed by leading international venture capital firms and strategic investors.Role Descriptionskew.
's team is looking for a talented Junior Backend Engineer to help build the future of the digital assets analytics infrastructure. Using your skills and experience, you will build out skew.
's real time data & analytics platform using kafka and other cutting edge technologies. The ideal candidate will be excited by the prospect of interacting with real-time data and contributing to our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and initiatives.Responsibilities
Key Technical Skills
- Build components to ingest and process real time data from multiple sources at scale (using websocket, FIX and other protocols)
- Take ownership of a number of skew.'s existing data pipelines and build out the architecture to meet the long term business needs
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate your work into our production systems
- Monitoring the platforms performance and modifying infrastructure as needed
Other Preferred Skills
- 3+ years hands on experience in data engineering using Java/Kotlin and Kafka
- Comfortable working on asynchronous multi-threaded environments
- Experience working with AWS or any other cloud provider
- Experience with gRPC preferable
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including aggregating data from multiple sources
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to learn new concepts quickly
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data scaling issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done
- Fluent in English, with great communication and presentation skills
Additional experience with Python desirableCompensation
- Competitive salary
- Equity: 0.10%-0.20% depending on experience (1 year cliff + 3 year vesting)