Lead Therapeutic Radiographer Portsmouth Scope:
Rare leadership position that presents the opportunity of being trained and leading a team on one of the most innovative, specialist radiotherapy technologies in the UK. Offering the reality of a state-of-the-art clinical setting and the chance to be at the very forefront of innovation. Responsibilities:
- Lead as the Therapy Radiographer and drive operational, technical and clinical excellence in the utilisation of the equipment so that all operational objectives and standards are achieved
- Lead the clinical and non-clinical team in all aspects of equipment operations, supporting safe, high quality and efficient patient management on the equipment based platform.
- Provide technical leadership and assist in the development of protocols, areas of technical and clinical research and implementation of clinical trials on the equipment platform.
- Have an external presence by presenting, publishing and collaborating to positively contribute to the equipment evidence base
- DCR (DR) or BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Leadership or participation in the development of a new or novel radiation oncology or associated service.
- Able to demonstrate significant post qualification experience in the management and leadership of a new and novel technology.
- Experience within all aspects of radiotherapy; quality assurance, pre-treatment simulation, on set imaging and treatment delivery
- Evidence of effective management of staff and co-operative working
- Evidence of empathetic and a holistic approach to patient care
- Experience in the public and private health sector
- Good experience with resolving complaints satisfactorily
If you're interested in the above role then please click apply or get in touch to discuss further.
Consult will endeavour to contact candidates within 14 days of application. However, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks then please assume on this occasion, unfortunately, you have not been successful.