DescriptionSenior Android Developer (London)AND Introduction
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we're united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won't transform a business or save the world: it's the people that count.About You
As a Senior Android Developer, you lead on ensuring the smooth end to end delivery of Android applications. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Commit to working on client site; currently based West London near Heathrow
- Define and drive best practices for Android development within the club and within client teams - choosing the right tools, defining architecture and coding standards/processes and designing CI/CD pipelines.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
- Oversight of application delivery on a range of client projects.
- Helping us build and develop our Android capability.
- Writing and teaching others how to write maintainable, testable, elegant code.
To do that, it's essential you bring the following:
It's Helpful If You Also Have
- Strong development experience in mobile and Java
- Clear understanding of the most common design patterns in Android
- Experience with frameworks and libraries in Android; Retrofit 2, Dagger 2, RxJava, Espresso etc.
- Experience with Kotlin
- Ability to do Unit Testing and UI Testing for mobile apps.
- RESTful APIs to connect to backend services
- Experience with Agile - TDD/BDD
- Knowledge of Android Studio and Gradle Build System
- Experience in exploring other technology being able to recommenced improvement to our ways of working
- Clear understanding of software development best practice
- Appreciation for client work and/or consulting
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there's nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here's three key things to understand about us:
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we'll be in touch.
- We're built for people - like, real humans. Not 'resources' or 'staff'. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There's no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That's exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it's business critical for us.