Our main client facing web app is in Python using Django and Flask microservices. Our overall landscape has python, .net, Angular with Postgres, Microsoft SQL and MariaDB databases. We are revamping and upgrading our applications. We are looking for an individual that takes pride in their code quality and a passion for complex problem solving. We are currently expanding our team to help us work on exciting upcoming challenges such as developing our recommendation engine and breaking an existing monolith application into smaller microservices. Our applications run in an AWS environment maintained by our dedicated DevOps team. Our tech stack includes Elastic Search, Postgres, Docker, Celery, and Travis for CI using Github.You will be a good fit for the challenge ahead if:
Who We Are
- You have 5-7 years relevant experience
- You want to join a team with an ambitious roadmap
- You are excited about working with a team that is core to our future growth
- You believe in agile methodologies and love collaborations
- You can show us commits in Git, talk us through live projects, and point us in the direction of things you have tried
- You enjoy contributing to functional and technical design
At Ten our goal is simple, to become the most trusted service business in the world.
We are already the global market leader for lifestyle management and concierge services, providing services from a 22 strong global office network with over 800 employees. We use our expertise, technology and buying power to grant our members direct access to the best travel, live entertainment, dining and luxury retail services. We also work closely with suppliers to provide exclusively negotiated benefits and employee loyalty schemes.
We deliver our service through a combination of Ten's proprietary, unique technology-enabled platform and the expertise of our highly trained lifestyle managers. Ten is growing quickly and has ambitious plans to keep innovating, inspiring and to continue to improve the lives of millions of members. Will you help take us there?We are looking for Developers who:
Our Tech StackBackend Tech Stack
- Are comfortable with switching between complex layers, the prospect of learning new languages / libraries, and have a genuine interest in the latest software technologies
- Are able to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Are up for the challenge that is integrating with third party applications
- Have extensive experience with concurrency and high transaction systems
- Are open to exploring new technologies and building out POCs
- Are passionate about setting high standards, and shipping quality software
- Like to communicate - in email, on Slack but best in person...
- Are inspiring to work for / with
- Can help non-developers understand - and engage with - the product development process
- Constantly strive to find / come up with better ways to do things
- Want to keep learning and love sharing knowledge
Frontend Tech Stack (advantageous)
- Python 3.6
- Lightweight web frameworks (e.g. Flask, Starlette)
- Django 1.11
- Django Rest Framework 3.7.7
- asyncio (AIOHTTP) • ElasticSearch 5.5
- Postgres Source Control
Nice to haveBenefits
- Angular 6+
- Angular Material
- NGRX / State Management
Our people are at the heart of the business and we have a culture of recognition and reward - both through regular appraisals but also annual Extra Mile Awards where we celebrate those who have gone that extra mile in their role. We also encourage all our staff to incorporate their aspirations and interests into their career at Ten and we are there every step of the way in supporting development.
All our employees also enjoy a range of benefits regardless of where they are based. Not only do we offer a remote work option, but employees also get 3 extra days of annual leave in their third year and an extra month of every 5 years. In line with these milestone lengths of service, we also operate a Ten Loyalty Reward program - this is a bonus (although we prefer to refer to this as 'extra spending money') that is awarded once these milestones are reached. The thinking behind the program is that not only does it recognise and reward commitment and loyalty to the business, but it can also be used to fund the adventures to be had during sabbaticals - this is the main intention and driving force behind the program. We want to give our people extra spending money so that they can truly enjoy their sabbaticals.
Other benefits that Ten offer, specific to the UK office, range between an employer-contributory company pension (with a scheme that allows full decision making about what investments are made, levels of risk, ethical funds etc), all the way through to various discounts on both travel and entertainment events (the latter is of course available regardless of location).
We also offer season ticket loans, access to childcare voucher and cycle schemes and, one of our more popular perks, working holiday opportunities with the ability to work from any of our 20+ offices without taking annual leave.
Ten works with a small Preferred Suppliers List currently, focused on specialists in each location. Please note we are not accepting any further agencies onto our PSL at this time.