We are growing rapidly and looking for top Analysts to join the team. At Aquaa Partners you will build on your investment banking experience with a mix of direct M&A transaction experience (both sell-side and buy-side) and strategic thinking, particularly as it relates to major industry shifts. Given the high standards our clients and colleagues expect, Aquaa Partners looks for high-calibre individuals with outstanding analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, integrity, initiative, commitment and the ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment. (See detailed qualities below). If you are highly motivated and want to work in a stimulating, friendly culture - we invite you to join our team.
Based in London, as an Analyst in our M&A and Corporate Finance advisory practice, the successful candidate will:
To qualify for this role you must have had at least 6 months of experience as an Analyst, ideally in M&A, and received training from an investment bank or corporate finance advisory firm. Qualities we are looking for in a candidate include the following:
- Quickly assume responsibilities for clients on deals and projects
- Assume an important and sometimes leading role in helping to manage transactions on behalf of clients and counterparties
- Work as an integral part of the deal team in direct daily collaboration with senior professionals as well as experts from other areas within the firm.
- Conduct valuations and sophisticated financial analyses and relevant industry research.
- Help assses the impact of transactions on client financial results and capital structures.
- Participate in, and occasionally lead, due diligence sessions.
- Help structure transactions, formulate and deliver advice to clients.
- Undertake, and be rewarded directly for, entrepreneurial opportunities within the firm.
- Develop lasting relationships with senior client executives.
- Must be intellectually curious
- Must be interested in (and ideally inspired by) our Techquisition approach
- Must have a "can do" attitude - always positive, go getter, no entitlement mentality. No excuses or complaints but results-focused, problem-solving, enthusiastic, forward looking attituude.
- Must "want the ball" - a team player with a instinct for achievement.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and meet high standards of individual performance
- Must be an excellent listener, expert at note taking, and be able to ask incisive questions in each conversation
- Must have excellent communications skills. Must be able to establish communication not only with fast growth tech companies but also establish rapport with C-level executives at large corporates
- Must be disciplined - able to work independently without hand-holding and be self-reliant and resourceful
- Must want to be stretched as much as possible to grow and advance, despite the pain that often accompanies such growth
- Must be acutely focused on the details, as well as be able to see and understand the big picture
- Must be relentless and tenacious in pursuing the achievement of individual objectives and goals
- Must be able to write excellent English with proper grammar and excellent writing skills (including email)
- Must be focused on productivity on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and understand the concept of ROI
- Must be able to embrace ambiguity and be interested in the world. Having a passion for learning and having creativity and imagination are helpful.
- Never says "that's not my job"