Who are we?
Hi! We are Ravelin! We're a fraud detection company using advanced machine learning and network analysis technology to solve big problems. Our goal is to make online transactions safer and help our clients feel confident serving their customers.
And we have fun in the meantime! We are a friendly bunch and pride ourselves in having a strong culture and adhering to our values of empathy, ambition, unity and integrity. We really value work/life balance and we embrace a flat hierarchy structure company-wide. Join us and you'll learn fast about cutting-edge tech and work with some of the brightest and nicest people around - check out our Glassdoor reviews.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, we would love to hear from you! For more information check out our blog to see if you would like to help us prevent crime and protect the world's biggest online businesses.The Role
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to own the development of a high volume fraud technology platform within a small tech team. You will be encouraged to have opinions about the strategic direction of the company and products, as well as owning the development team from the front. In the day-to-day work, you'll be working closely with our skilled engineers to build internal processes that are so reliable they melt into the background and run software at scale under real-world conditions.
At Ravelin, we strongly encourage learning and development of new and existing skills (machine learning, neural networks, python, Golang, cloud automation etc), so this is the perfect opportunity to grow and learn new things!Responsibilities
- Developing reliable and resilient software
- Working closely with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Product Managers
- Building internal process and tools
- Building microservices using Go
- Contributing with ideas and suggestions
Nice to haves
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in a programming language(s)
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Database (design principles)
- Working experience with testing and quality
- Knowledge of Version control
- Experience with Golang
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Agile software development
- Microservices architecture
- Containerisation (Docker, KVM, Kubernetes, etc)
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Competitive salary & equity package
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Individual learning and development allowance of £1,000/year
- Remote volunteer opportunities and monthly company charity donations
- Fortnightly team lunches with different people from across the company (currently via video chat!)
- Virtual quarterly company socials
- Cycle-to-Work and childcare schemes
- Virtual yoga twice per week as well as weekly board game and movie nights