Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
The role requires a broad understanding of the Vanguard and Dreadnought Class SSBN designs and demonstrable experience in a Trident Strategic Weapon System leadership capacity. A detailed understanding of the Strategic Weapon System, its operations, maintenance, and interfaces is essential.
The role requires advanced project management skills and defined responsibilities for the delivery of projects to time, budget, and quality. Discharging this role successfully will require the following attributes.
- The ability to lead on the development of safety thinking and approaches.
- Effective stakeholder management and coordination within the Deterrent community.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in multi-disciplined teams authoring safety and environmental documentation.
- Leading workshops and meetings to develop safety and environmental case arguments and seek out further tasking.
- Technical review and comment on various safety documentation and processes within a Quality Management framework.
- Familiarity with US/UK relationship in a Deterrent Programme context.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of SWS/SWSS operations, design, maintenance, and interfaces with Equipment Authorities; Platform Authorities and the US Department of Defence
- Proven technical lead/project management skills
- Knowledge of the Defence Safety Authority regulatory construct around the Nuclear enterprise, conventional Ordnance, Munitions & Explosives and Maritime Health, Safety and Environmental Protection.
- Knowledge of MOD procurement and safety management processes in a SWS context.
- Knowledge in the application of Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS) / Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS) within the DE&S Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management System (ASEMS).
It is to your advantage if you meet or hold any or all the following additional requirements:
- An assessment of competence against the MOD's SWS Competence Framework.
- Accredited, current Project Management (e.g. APM, Prince 2) qualification.
- Degree qualified.
- Chartered Engineer Status.
- Current Developed Vetting status
We are particularly interested in candidates who have worked extensively in a military submarine or MOD environment who are keen to apply and build upon their breadth and depth of knowledge and experience in a second dynamic and challenging career within a like-minded team. We are also keen to attract high quality people who may have taken alternative routes to gaining the skills necessary for the role and who might bring additional skill sets into our offering to clients. We would welcome applications from candidates who have experience with the Strategic Weapon System or other weapon systems acquired under Foreign Military Sales and are able to demonstrate how their skills could be applied to this role.Benefits
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan