Main purpose of job:To provide a first class quality of diagnostic ultrasound scanning services to customers of Window to the Womb demonstrating the skills and expertise required. To ensure that the mothers and their attending family members are made to feel comfortable and relaxed and that they understand the process of scanning their baby. To communicate findings clearly and handle any situations where an anomaly is found with compassion and professionalism. We never leave our Sonographers alone to handle all aspects of the customer's visit. We have a role of SCAN ASSISTANT, whose job is to support the Sonographer, build rapport with parents and thereby allow the sonographer to concentrate on the actual scan.Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Must have extensive sonography education, training, and experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology ultrasound.
- Must have demonstrated competence in the specialty area(s) to be performed.
- Good team player who can establish collaborative working relationships with co-workers, administrators, and other members of the external health care providers. .
- Serve as the representative and advocate with other internal or external health care providers
- Must have experience in performing maternity scans i.e. gynecology/early pregnancy scans.
- Must have experience in performing transvaginal ultrasound scans for early pregnancy scans.
- Must have experience in performing all trimester scans, growth scans, anomaly scans.
- Evidence of recognized qualifications in Medical Ultrasound.
- Evidence of registration with Statutory Body, e.g. HCPC.
- Evidence of current membership of Professional Body providing Insurance Indemnity, e.g. SOR.
- Evidence of Medical qualifications.
- Ultrasound Scanning
- To provide a qualified and expert diagnostic assessment to parents of the key aspects of their baby's development and the pregnancy
- To provide a correctly completed Obstetrics Report to each customer
- To provide a high quality of Ultrasound scanning to customers
- To ensure that mothers and families are well informed throughout the scan process and are made to feel both comfortable and relaxed
- To produce the best possible images of baby using all accepted techniques to position baby in an appropriate way to gain clear images
- Handling difficult situations
- To demonstrate high levels of compassion and support where a fetal anomaly
- To fully and openly discuss any actual or suspected anomaly with the parent(s)
- To ensure that the correct procedures and protocols are followed and that the mother is referred to relevant NHS specialists via the local Pathway process
- To follow up any identified anomaly with NHS specialists as required and appropriate
- Customer Service
- To always provide high quality customer service standards to customers
- Enhance customer experience by offering a homely, safe and comfortable atmosphere, treating customers and all attendant relatives, children and friends with friendliness and respect
- To work closely with other members of the clinic team and particularly the Scan Buddy to make the customer's experience unique, special and memorable.
- To treat all customers as private, fee paying customers
- To professionally handle any dissatisfaction
- Health and Safety
- To always be aware of any health and safety regulations that are relevant to the business
- To be responsible for your own health and safety whilst employed by Window to the Womb
- To use the Ultrasound machine according to the acknowledged guidelines and according to the ALARA principles
- To always place the health, safety and wellbeing of customers above all other considerations
- To promote the highest standards of health and safety within the studio team
- To always maintain relevant professional qualifications and registrations including HCPC and SOR.
- To maintain the highest standards of administration at all times including the accurate completion of any forms and the accurate recording of any key information either via the scanning machine or otherwise
The Registered Manager/Clinic Owner.Pay scale: £30,000 - £33,000 (based on experience)Job Type:
Peterborough and Leicester)Visa:
Tier 2 Work Permit can be sponsoredBenefits:
PrivatePension How to Apply:Send CV via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.orgEvaluation Criteria:
Skype Interview (please mention skype id in CV or in covering email)