Wifinity is on a mission to make Wi-Fi great! We are a multi award winning Gigabit Internet Service Provider, with products and services connecting over 6 million people a year across a wide range of sectors, including Defence. Wifinity is the number 1 provider for recreational WiFi, holiday parks, retail and residential.
At Wifinity we're proud of our fantastic products, and amazing growth! But we couldn't do this without our amazing people, who go above and beyond to wow our customers and make WiFi great since being founded in 2007.
Our people are both innovative and fun, creating long lasting customer relationships. They think outside the box to provide customer centric solutions allowing them to achieve the results our customers desire. Wifinity has grown to the company we are today because of those amazing people that live and breathe our values, we believe that the customers priorities are imperative to the success of their business and we go above and beyond to dedicate ourselves to them.
If you're the best at what you do and believe in a world with better Wi-Fi, come and join our journey as a new Wifinian!The role purpose
We are looking for a Level 2 Network Field Engineer to join our Network Operations Centre (NOC) playing a key part in resolving technical faults across our customer base.
The Network Operations Engineer will provide outstanding service focussed on resolving escalated incidents from the customer facing support teams, resolving urgent monitoring alerts, network equipment commissioning, and planned network maintenance.Key Responsibilities
Joining our Network Operations team, you will be responsible for providing support to multiple UK wide networks. This role is part of a team that provides 24/7 customer support all year round including public holidays.
You will work with public and private cloud services, large enterprise wired and wireless network infrastructures through to end user troubleshooting.
Your day to day role will consist of the following responsibilities, you may be required to carry out further responsibilities at the company's discretion.
- Handle L2 technical support issues via incident management escalations.
- Use and develop monitoring systems to proactively identify and resolve potential issues.
- Configure and commission wired and wireless networking equipment.
- Integrate multi-vendor network devices with the monitoring systems.
- Complete day-to-day Technical Operation activities (network migrations, design changes, infrastructure updates and firmware updates)
- Complete Infrastructure documentation and knowledge base development to improve team knowledge and troubleshooting.
Key RequirementsAbout you...
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieving and exceeding customer satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Handle customer queries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the expected time frame and follow up to ensure resolution
You will be a proactive and driven individual, with the ability to dedicate yourself to persisting with any problems that arise. You value knowledge and are able to contribute to an evolving network operations function. You are excellent at working with people and always strive to provide a customer driven approach. We are looking for someone that:
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, potentially covering extending working hours
- Desire to learn new technologies, develop advanced networking skills and share them across the team
- Strong desire and knowledge to work within Internet Service Provider industry and in a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It would be nice to also have...
- Proven experience in a network operations centre in the ISP/Telecoms industry
- Proven experience on incident management processes and prioritisation
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring systems, and have an excellent understanding of monitoring best practices
- Have an excellent knowledge of networking, including physical, switching, routing (OSPF, BGP), transport layers and firewalls
- Have an in-depth understanding of RADIUS protocol
- Have an in-depth understanding of WiFi standards and general Wireless principles
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a combination of fault types at any given time
- Have an understanding of high availability protocols and design, on both Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu or Centos) systems administrations skills
- Have an understanding of SNMP protocol
- Have an understanding of VPN and tunnelling technologies
- Have an understanding of security protocols and firewalls
- Knowledge of routing protocols (basic implementation and troubleshooting)
- Strong Technical knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Salesforce CRM knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu or Centos) systems administrations skills
- Have an in-depth understanding of SNMP protocol
- Have an in-depth understanding of VPN and tunnelling technologies
- Have an in-depth understanding of security protocols and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of Programming and scripting ability, preferably Python and PHP
- Experience in Network Infrastructure Design
- CCNA or equivalent experience
- CCNP, CCIE or other networking certifications
- Gym membership
- Flexi working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Great opportunities to grow!