Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. We're looking for someone who's able to work at all ends of our stack from our mobile front-end to our infrastructure. We view this as a great opportunity to influence shape Soar's product and really put your mark on an exciting solution for a sector desperate for innovation.
Our team is made up of welcoming and dedicated people that are passionate about fintech, technology, and how our work can impact the lives of millions around us.
Ideally, we would like to hire someone living in the Greater Glasgow area who is able to demonstrate they can work effectively from home with occasional in-person meetings in Glasgow. Responsibilities
Qualifications & Required Attributes
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code;
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements;
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure code meets business objectives and compliance standards;
- Play a role in supporting current customers, unit testing and deploying our solutions for customers;
- Participate in code reviews, planning sessions and aide development of architecture.
Our Stack consists mainly of:
- Great CSS skills would be a major plus;
- Experience with Agile or Kanban software development methodologies is a plus;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work remotely.
- React Native
- Node JS
- AWS (lots of exciting aspects)
- Some SQL
- 3rd Party API Integrations
- Tooling for deploying iOS & Android Apps
Soar is a fintech based in Glasgow. We produce a cloud-based banking platform for socially responsible banks and lenders and we're on an exciting journey to positively impact the lives of millions of our fellow citizens.
Our Soar Banking Platform is made up of a suite of mobile & web apps and a multi-tenanted cloud-based platform - giving our customers a Monzo like banking experience to better serve those who need access to affordable credit the most.