Interim 6-12 month contract roleBased - Runcorn, Cheshire
Fresenius Kabi is a global healthcare company specialising in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. The company's products and services are used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients.
With a corporate philosophy of 'caring for life', the company's goal is to improve the patient's quality of life.
Our product portfolio comprises a comprehensive range of I.V. generic drugs, infusion therapies, biosimilars and clinical nutrition products as well as the medical devices for administering these products.Job Purpose
Reporting to the Medical Director, The position is responsible for the management of the Medical Information team, including development and provision of the Fresenius Kabi Ltd Medical Information Service. Key Responsibilities
To manage and develop the Fresenius Kabi Ltd Medical Information team to provide timely responses to medical information and stability queries from internal and external customers regarding Fresenius Kabi's product portfolio, including:
- Parenteral Nutrition regimen stability assessment (licensed and unlicensed)
- Oncology and Fluid Therapy chemical stability
- Medical & Product queries
Provide leadership, development and guidance to the Medical Information team, with support of the Medical Information Team Leader.
Provide respective marketing departments with scientific technical support, market intelligence, horizon scanning etc. by attending key scientific meetings to identify specific trends / developments within concerned therapy areas.
To support, roll out and maintain a validated Medical Information enquiry management system.
Coordinate the management and validation of the current Parenteral Nutrition compounding software software development to meet the needs of UK customers and business.
Project Lead for the development and implementation of a new Stability Software programme .
Coordinate the prioritisation, testing and reporting of stability studies.
Ensure standard responses and FAQs and associated responses are maintained and kept up-to-date.Experience & Qualifications
- A background and experience in Medical Information and associated systems is essential.
- Ideally, you'll possess a life sciences qualification to degree level and/or be a registered Pharmacist.
- Experience in aseptic compounding and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Clinical background in the prescribing of adult, neonatal and paediatric parenteral nutrition, together with detailed knowledge of PN regimen formulation and stability considerations would be desirable.
- Proven track record in managing others demonstrating mentoring ability, leadership qualities and project management skills.
- Good communicator with excellent organisation skills, enthusiastic, self-motivated, enjoy using own initiative and enjoy working as part of a team in a highly competitive business environment.
- Able to work in a professional, commercially driven culture where proactively taking the initiative and accepting ownership is second nature.
- Confident in presenting and communicating across all channels, building productive relationships internally and externally, operating with pace, purpose and looking to generate fresh solutions.