About the Role
Your role, as Field Engineer, would be reporting to the Operations Manager. As a core member of the UK team, you will be expected to work within this team, sometimes autonomously and deliver on works (mostly field based but also lab based) as scheduled. You will work closely with the UK Operations team to deploy and maintain hardware in the field. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable delivering under pressure.
Who Should Apply
We seek an experienced Field Engineer with a background in Instrumentation and interest in environmental and geotechnical sensor technologies. The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a fast paced environment where adaptability and flexibility is key to success. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable working outdoors & delivering under pressure.
· Maintaining and supporting AmbiSense's product portfolio in the field
· Field installation of new products
· Undertaking testing, calibration & installation of new and existing products.
· Training & supporting subcontractors on test/calibration/handling/installation of new & existing products
· Handling of RMA processes - debugging to component level, fault finding and repair etc
· Completion of project documentation
· Liaising with clients and customer care
· Travel - regular travel within the UK required
· Site Work - regular visits to site to maintain Ambisense products and assist sub-contractors
Your Qualifications and Experience:
· Suitable qualification/experience in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
· Valid CSCS card (preferable but not essential)
· Experience in instrumentation/sensors/electronic hardware role in the electronics/instrumentation industry, ideally in the environmental/geotechnical sector
· Ability to debug electronic devices in the field.
· Experience in IoT/telemetry modules an advantage
· Must be competent in dealing directly with clients and sub-contractors in the field
· Ability to problem solve in the field and communicate site feedback into continuous improvement/development cycle
· Full UK Driving licence
· IT literacy (MS packages)
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· Right to work in UK
· We are looking for someone who has
· Excellent organisational skills
· Strong communication skills both with colleagues and clients
· Team Player
· Proactive & self starter
The successful applicant will be based from our Southern office in the South East.
Ambisense provides a competitive remuneration package tailored to your skills and experience. Full training will also be provided where required.
This role includes provision of a company van (company use only), mobile phone & laptop.
Ambisense is an equal opportunities employer. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.