The role requires a hands-on technologist with experience in Big data, Hadoop, databases, MDM and reporting to lead solution discussions in the areas of marketing and technology.
As data engineering practitioner, you should have an understanding of build vs. buy, performance considerations, hosting, business intelligence, reporting & analytics. Ideally you have experience in integrating data with marketing scenarios like segmentation, targeting, consumer 360 view.
· Defining technical and business requirements for data related functionality and platform and convert the requirements into functional and logical architecture.
· Hands-on implementation in the areas of data techniques including data access, integration, modeling, visualization, mining, design and implementation
· Must have experience in designing and architecting large scale distributed data management & analytics applications
· Contribute to building best practice like standards and guidelines for design & development, deployment, support and analytics and mining
· Contribute to building best practice in acquiring, storing and analyzing structured, semi-structured and un-structured data from the enterprise and outside like social
· Come up with analytics solutions based on the business goals and appropriate data visualization to support the goals
· Manage and provide technical leadership to large data programs or multiple programs implementation based on the requirement using agile technologies
· Define solutions for key transformational programs like customer 360-degree view for the clients
· Thorough understanding of Solution architecting & Estimation process
· Create solution options and lead pros & cons discussions with clients
· experience within the field of data engineering More than 5+ years of experience of application development and architectural experience using Java/Scala/Python
· experience in Big Data application development
· Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (Hadoop MR, Hdfs, Hive)
· Experienced in computation frameworks like Spark, Storm, Flink using Java/Scala
· experience in working on Big Data application in cloud environment using either AWS, Azure or Google cloud platform, Certification preferred
· Excellent understanding of common data technologies
· Well versed with streaming data processing using Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm etc.
· Well versed with pros and cons of various database technologies like Relational, NO SQL, MPP, Columnar databases
· Experienced in one or more ETL, BI, Analytics and advanced visualization technologies
· Knowledge in cloud and social media technologies and integrations
· Experienced in master data management and building customer 360 degree views