At Monese we are on a mission to give people the financial freedom to thrive anywhere. We are building a banking service that allows you to follow your dreams. A banking service that will support you every step of the way, wherever you may be. This is financial freedom for the hundreds of millions of people who live some part of their life in another country - whether it's for travel, work, business, study, family, or retirement.
With over 1.4 million sign-ups, 70% of incoming funds being from salary payments, and a 4.5/5 TrustPilot score, Monese is one of the most popular and trusted banking services in Europe.
Our fast growing team is located in London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of financial freedom. We're not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn't scare you and you want to file patents, not follow trends, then read on...About the role
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. We are looking for you, if you have technical background in IT and hosted cloud based services.Your day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
We are looking for you, if you have:
- Ensuring services reliability and availability.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and drive process automation.
- Build and improve continuous delivery systems.
- Proactively improving services performance, security and quality.
- Cooperating with software and quality engineers
- Developing security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Proven working experience in GNU/Linux based environments.
- Experience with IaC, preferably with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS ECS.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and Shell.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Understanding of information security principles.
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Some start-up experience would be beneficial, but not a deal-breaker