VoCoVo Company Overview
VoCoVo are a leading voice & technology brand working with some of the world's biggest retailers. You may have seen our equipment in places like Tesco's, Co-Op, TK Maxx, Primark and Pets At Home to name a few... We now have over 50,000 people in 5,000 locations using our product every day!
The business was recently proud to achieve 5th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and we have also achieved 2,500% growth within the last 4 years here in the UK. We are now looking to cement our position as a leader in this field by expanding our reach into Europe and North America.
To help us achieve our vision we are looking to fill this new Systems Engineer position.Purpose of the role
At VoCoVo our Systems Engineers are the heart of our flagship product. This role will report to the Team Lead and work with the Product Owners. You will be developing software to be run on our rapidly growing estate of thousands of powerful IoT-like hardware units, located inside each of our customers' stores.Accountabilities of this role
What does success look like?
- Developing robust, scalable software and infrastructural solutions
- Thought leadership on both uncharted problems and legacy software.
- Researching new solutions.
- Owning your domain, taking responsibility for everything you see deserving of change.
- Mentoring of our less experienced developers
- Recruitment involvement, when expanding the team
- Peer review of your colleagues' work.
- High availability and flexibility, to always "pitch-in" on a problem.
- Close liaison with Product Owners to help them break down work appropriately, or understand complex problems for feedback to stakeholders.
Skills and qualifications required
- Your skills have ensured that a tripling of our on-premise IoT hardware units (from thousands to tens of thousands) has come at no cost to their ease of onboarding or remote management in bulk.
- All the software running on our hardware units meets our common coding guidelines and standards, and uses modern patterns familiar to all our team.
- Our product roadmap remains on track, and our company growth goals are met.
- Our customers experience 99.5% uptime of their hardware devices and require fewer support calls to manage their hardware.
- Your improvements allow us to ship hardware direct from the manufacturer straight to our customers, avoiding configuration at VoCoVo sites.
- Our customer liaison teams responsible for hardware provisioning have been able to stop chasing bugs due to your rigorous improvements to the consistency of configuration of our hardware.
- Our development teams are certain who to turn to on all matters related to our hardware.
- Your team have all grown as a result of what you've implemented and imparted.
Nice to have skills and qualifications
- Expertise in NodeJS.
- Demonstrable experience working with fleets of IoT hardware, or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of the GNU/Linux operating system.
- Strong skills in a variety of SQL/NoSQL solutions.
- Experience in event-driven systems.
- Strong knowledge of systems configuration management tools.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, and able to explain complex concepts clearly.
Other InformationWhat we can offer you:
- Systems-level programming.
- Telephony/VOIP communication systems & software.
- TCP/IP and Internet protocols.
- Hardware integration testing.
- Embedded systems experience
- A truly unique challenge in one of the UK's fastest growing companies
- An autonomous role where you are the master of your own destiny
- Lots of personal career routes & opportunities as we scale
- A business with the goal of becoming a Times Top 100 Company
- Team culture with an employee-wide bonus scheme linked to annual results
- A sector where you will see the outcomes of your work in everyday life
- 99% remote (we'd love to meet you in person, from time to time)
- Generous remuneration package - Circa £70,000 basic
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance & Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Training & development