ION is a global software company, headquartered in Dublin. Our customers are the world's largest companies, who rely on us to perform mission critical services every day. So, no pressure!
We have 7,500 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, but we're only getting started. As the leading consolidator in our space, we have been acquiring companies to add to our scale and product portfolio at a rapid rate.
The EMEA Technical Support team provides technical support to equities and derivatives customers and forms part of ION Markets global support team. The team is responsible for technical investigation, keeping customers updated and reporting potential software defects to Development teams. Technical Support also takes the lead in service restoration in the event of software or hardware failures, capacity planning and Business Continuity testing of the Hosted environment.Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Investigates incidents assigned to them by the Service Desk
- Prioritizes incidents and keep them up to date on the internal incident tracking system.
- Communicates updates effectively and promptly to the client.
- Builds up and maintains a knowledge of the software supported, including database structure and configuration files to assist in issue investigation.
- Deals with unexpected events or failures which limit clients use of the supported systems
- Carries out application system checks, aiming to identify and resolve issues before they impact clients
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
- Hold an IT, numerate or business related Degree or equivalent experience
- Have an enquiring mind with an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving, even when under pressure
- Good grounding in and desire to develop technical skills in areas such as database technologies and system performance.
- Ability to read and understand code in one or more of the following: C++, TCL, UNIX Scripting
- Ability to troubleshoot and approach problem solving in a logical manner
- Technical Support Analysts need to be dynamic, resilient and objective, delivering rapid and accurate solutions to the incidents raised by customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A confident and professional manner
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly
- A strong desire to develop a deep understanding of financial markets and business flows and system functionality
- Working knowledge of networks and network infrastructure is desirable